If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would favor Min planing [email protected] regs

129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

77 59.69%
  • No

17 13.18%
  • H*ll NO

35 27.13%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    VIP Member VIP Member offshoredrillin's Avatar
    My Boats:
    00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'
    Quote Originally Posted by ActiveThunder View Post
    I forgot about this thread.

My wife and I were out in the dark in Stuart, FL up on plane at MAYBE 20 mph lookigf for the channel and markerson a well lit night.

We struck a concrete piling at the very last second after I saw it. It ripped the side out of the boat. We were lucky and it stopped me from running at night.

As to the drinking, there was none.

Until you can come up with legal driving lights on a boat, stay at the dock after dark or idle.
    glassdave and I were just talking about this, I am not a night boater, I got stuck out a couple Sundays ago, and I followed my gps rout back in super tight, and was only doing about 10, next thing I know a speed limit buoy is about a foot from my boat, and I know damn well I never cut that thing that close leaving...was pretty unnerving.

Gold Member Gold Member Big Time's Avatar
    Westport, CT
    Quote Originally Posted by US1 Fountain View Post
    Why are the poll results showing a different take from what is being posted?
    I think people think it is a good idea, just not in their own backyard. It's definitely a good idea in some of the smaller lakes and rivers, but to be out in the middle of the ocean and having a speed limit doesn't seem right to me. I think if people are following the current laws (operating with the proper lights, not drinking, not operating recklessly, following already posted speed limits) then accidents like the ones that have been the topic of discusision here lately would certainly decrease.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678