Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Allstate insurance refund for overcharging me years ago (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/111018-allstate-insurance-refund-overcharging-me-years-ago.html)

Advantage_Rob 08-26-2005 05:54 AM

Allstate insurance refund for overcharging me years ago

I recieved a letter around a month ago stating that I would be recieving a refund check from allstate for a former policy that they had overcharged me on. For some background info on the story, I bought the boat new in 2000 and had allstate for 4 years before thier rate became outrageous as to weed out performance boats I had guessed. in 2000 it was around $1500, 2001 w/ no claims ever it was $1900. in 2002 w/no claims it went to $2300, my 2004 renewal still having never made a claim it climbed to $2850, I belive. Having had enough of this, I called up world marine underwriters and got a policy written thru progressive at around $1800 which seemed like a bargian. Still no claims ever, and it actually dropped to around $1600 this year, which I certianly dont mind the price decrease on my agreed value policy.

So after recieving this letter I think "big deal I'm gonna get this small check and think nothing of it. I got the check a few weeks ago and never opened it until last night. Well I open up the thing, and I almost fell over and said HOLY SH*T!! They sent me a refund for $2800!!!! I really dont know what to think of this personally, other than to say sweet, and throw it in the bank. So I'm wondering of any others that have had allstate in the past and got price gouged right out of doing business with them, have had any similar situations occour. If not I think I'd contact my former allstate agent and see of you are eligible for a refund.

martiniboat 08-26-2005 06:38 AM

Re: Allstate insurance refund for overcharging me years ago

Refund? Insurance company?

Are there two moons? :eek:

Congrats :drink:

Formula Outlaw 08-26-2005 06:51 AM

That event is worthy of a segment on "Sixty Minutes"....:drink:

fountain1fan 08-26-2005 08:44 AM

wish they would send me a refund , been there 10 y/s no clames on the boat it :mad: :mad: jest keeps going up for no f%*^&$# reason .

CigDaze 08-26-2005 09:08 AM

Holy Sht! That is unheard of!!!

ratman 08-26-2005 11:45 AM

its gonna bounce

dockrocker 08-26-2005 02:00 PM

Did they ask you to send back the extra to their Nigerian office?

Milord 08-26-2005 02:41 PM

Dock, LMAO.

Rob, where WE partying this weekend bro? :D

McGary911 08-26-2005 03:18 PM

The Devil is looking for his hockey skates right now :evilb: :evilb:

Advantage_Rob 08-26-2005 03:50 PM

James, I'll be out at all weekend... I'll give you a call or call me! Hell grab a bunch of canadian's and pull up at the house and dock, we'll party starting right now!

I called my agent and verified it, she confirmed it, and said they didnt do alot of these, but they did happen in some cases.

Originally Posted by Milord
Dock, LMAO.

Rob, where WE partying this weekend bro? :D