Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Which boat to buy, 40 Skater or 39 MTI? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/111044-boat-buy-40-skater-39-mti.html)

dank368 09-12-2005 07:12 PM

Re: Which boat to buy, 40 Skater or 39 MTI?

Originally Posted by Sean H
i don't need no stinkin' steps... :D :drink:

then you, my friend, should check out Velocity :drink: :D

Sean H 09-12-2005 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by dank368
then you, my friend, should check out Velocity :drink: :D

funny man... :drink: check your flywheel bolts lately? :evilb: :evilb:

bobonthis 09-12-2005 07:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)

i don't need no stinkin' steps... :D :drink:

I'll bring my own this shouldn't hurt the paint much :eek:

dank368 09-12-2005 07:17 PM

funny man... :drink: check your flywheel bolts lately? :evilb: :evilb:

ha ha ha......they're doing just fine, thanks for your concern :p
Don't ask me how my starter is doing though :(

dank368 09-12-2005 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by rastaboatin
I'll bring my own this shouldn't hurt the paint much :eek:

try puttin that on a flat deck :eek:

mr_velocity 09-12-2005 07:25 PM

so skater has fallen behind because all MTI does is race?

I don't think that was the point, more of rule changes and purpose boats to fit the class. When we started racing we built a 36 Skater to run 1 year in SCL then move to SC. The domination of FountainMercury changed the rules so the 36 Skater could no longer race, that left the 40 which i don't think anyone considers one of Peter's best hulls. Then a few years later comes MTI that builds a boat that fits the class although much smaller than the 40. Now Peter must come back and build a new boat that meets the class, no doubt the new 38 will be kicking some a$$ when it hits the course. I have to agree with Yahoo, you need to compare the MTI to the 36 Skater. In rough water there wasn't a single cat that could stay with our 36, except for Yahoo in his 36 :D

apache21 09-12-2005 09:07 PM

When I see a MTI that runs over 200 MPH I will truly admit Skater has been had :D Why no big numbers? I think it could be done :D

FREEDOM US1 09-12-2005 09:52 PM

[QUOTE=dank368]Brad,
If you don't already have a dealer call Bruce Bullock at www.BullockMarine.com he can give you some good advise and also meet you at Skater. He was my dealer and helped me out a lot and he's one heck of a nice guy.
Lance might sell his 40' Skater (see pic) if you like it. Bruce would know more details.
In my opinion, get a 4 place back seat, and large fuel tanks!
Dan[/QUOTE

Dank, I agree with you on the four place back seat. I put them in my 46 skater and I also have a large cabin for luggage and place for girls to get out of the rain if nessasary and it even has a head. Big tanks are nice as well, I used to carry 400 gallons. After fuel tank bladder intalation I carry 360. Comes in handy when you go from Miami to Key West on one tank of c112.

Sean H 09-12-2005 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by apache21
When I see a MTI that runs over 200 MPH I will truly admit Skater has been had :D Why no big numbers? I think it could be done :D

be patient, MTI has only been around for 6 years... i think you will see the numbers you are after in the next 12 months.... :drink: :evilb:

and i think the one skater that has been over 200 is for sale... :cool: i wonder what is replacing it... :p :D

dank368 09-12-2005 10:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)

and i think the one skater that has been over 200 is for sale... :cool: i wonder what is replacing it... :p :D

it should be a 38 Skater....................................I just don't understand :confused: :D :evilb: :p