Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Which boat to buy, 40 Skater or 39 MTI? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/111044-boat-buy-40-skater-39-mti.html)

WeaponX 09-12-2005 05:55 PM

Re: Which boat to buy, 40 Skater or 39 MTI?

Originally Posted by 3600cat
MTI is the best boat $ can buy ! Flat deck Skater looks bad dog .

This NOR-TECH guy already gave you the answer! Now get out your $ and quit talking about it. :D

T2x 09-12-2005 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
so skater has fallen behind because all MTI does is race? so maybe when MTI gets done with their diesel projects, turbine projects, the new 55, theme boats, building both poker run boats as well as full cabin catamarans they can focus on their race hull as well...

compound curves? i don't see many skater with compound curves.. a lot of cut down flat decks... well, i will let the pictures talk... :D

Sean, Sean, Sean,.......please

A compound curve has three dimensions.... a standard curve has two. You can put a beautiful curve on the edge of a piece of plywood (see your pictures).....and if you add elegant and flattering paint, you can hide the flat panels ........ but now try and bend it..... on two planes...... like a bowl....or a baseball..... or a Skater.

When one designs with a ruler...with preestablished "points"........one get's straight lines... If it were a woman it would be Olive Oyl.....

When one designs with a french curve, or a cad cam, ....... from scratch....... one gets curves...in all directions. If it were a woman.... it would be Jennifer Lopez..... or Shania Twain... depending on how much curve you prefer.

T2x

Sean H 09-12-2005 06:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by T2x
Sean, Sean, Sean,.......please

A compound curve has three dimensions.... a standard curve has two. You can put a beautiful curve on the edge of a piece of plywood (see your pictures).....and if you add elegant and flattering paint, you can hide the flat panels ........ but now try and bend it..... on two planes...... like a bowl....or a baseball..... or a Skater.

When one designs with a ruler...with preestablished "points"........one get's straight lines... If it were a woman it would be Olive Oyl.....

When one designs with a french curve, or a cad cam, ....... from scratch....... one gets curves...in all directions. If it were a woman.... it would be Jennifer Lopez..... or Shania Twain... depending on how much curve you prefer.

T2x

so where is the "bowl" on all the flat side/flat deck skater being produced now?

its even on his option sheet? (flat sides, flat deck)

i am not a skater hater, i think they are great boats, but they just aren't the end all they used to be... i agree with your first post, he needs to refocus on his hull design to catch up... ;)

dank368 09-12-2005 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)

so skater has fallen behind because all MTI does is race? so maybe when MTI gets done with their diesel projects, turbine projects, the new 55, theme boats, building both poker run boats as well as full cabin catamarans they can focus on their race hull as well...

compound curves? i don't see many skater with compound curves.. a lot of cut down flat decks... well, i will let the pictures talk... :D

MTI's are nice......no doubt!
What up with only 4 seats though? I guess that's cool if you're only going to poker run.
But, I just installed my other back seat which is a 4 place with no bolsters, and had a very nice weekend. I tell ya, with the swim step, and the big, flat back seat, it makes for nice boating! Ok, OK, I don't have a small cabin, but so what! :D At least my family can come and the boat is user friendly! :drink:
I don't need no stinkin cabin! Just more vacuuming! :evilb:

Sean H 09-12-2005 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by dank368
MTI's are nice......no doubt!
What up with only 4 seats though? I guess that's cool if you're only going to poker run.
But, I just installed my other back seat which is a 4 place with no bolsters, and had a very nice weekend. I tell ya, with the swim step, and the big, flat back seat, it makes for nice boating! Ok, OK, I don't have a small cabin, but so what! :D At least my family can come and the boat is user friendly! :drink:
I don't need no stinkin cabin! Just more vacuuming! :evilb:

you don't need that fifth person... :D :drink:

i have heard there will be a 6 person sit down version soon... :cool:

dank368 09-12-2005 06:55 PM

you don't need that fifth person... :D :drink:

i have heard there will be a 6 person sit down version soon... :cool:

Oh damn! That doesn't leave me anything to complain about then :rolleyes:

Oh wait.....swimstep? :evilb:

Sean H 09-12-2005 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by dank368
Oh damn! That doesn't leave me anything to complain about then :rolleyes:

Oh wait.....swimstep? :evilb:

it will have steps molded in too....(the bigger cockpit MTI's already have the steps and 8-12 people capacity... if that is your thing.....:D )

bobonthis 09-12-2005 07:06 PM

it will have steps molded in too....(the bigger cockpit MTI's already have the steps and 8-12 people capacity... if that is your thing.....:D )

Hope its yours if I dont have a boat next year :D

bobonthis 09-12-2005 07:07 PM

Dank was already nice enough to make me a seat :cool:

Sean H 09-12-2005 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by rastaboatin
Hope its yours if I dont have a boat next year :D

i don't need no stinkin' steps... :D :drink: