Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fun in New Orleans (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/111094-fun-new-orleans.html)

H20 Toie 08-27-2005 11:45 AM

Fun in New Orleans

Nothing like coming to New Orleans in August, Hot and Humid and now a hurricane, this is turning into a great adventure :rolleyes: I'm working on Wheel of fortune and we were supposed to tape fri,sat,sun and then pack up the set on monday but now it looks like we will start packing up after the last show tonight ( i hate working 24 hrs straight)and try and get out tomorrow, or just hang out at the hotel and watch the wind.

open87 08-27-2005 11:58 AM

Re: Fun in New Orleans

i can tell ya , your in for a real experiance if the storm comes in, i live accross the lake ,my advice to ya
"get the phuk outta there asap" if this storm hits here , you will need a boat to get out of downtown ..... this will be catostophic if it's a direct hit. it ain't no earthquake :eek:

AeroSpeedMarine 08-27-2005 12:04 PM

yep anker down this is going to be interesting.

H20 Toie 08-27-2005 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by open72
i can tell ya , your in for a real experiance if the storm comes in, i live accross the lake ,my advice to ya
"get the phuk outta there asap" if this storm hits here , you will need a boat to get out of downtown ..... this will be catostophic if it's a direct hit. it ain't no earthquake :eek:

Boy you sure make a person feel welcome :D

open87 08-27-2005 12:19 PM

interesting is a pretty good understatement....

H20 Toie 08-27-2005 12:27 PM

So does anyone have a boat that wants to cruise down Bourbon street in a couple of days?

open87 08-27-2005 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by h20 toie
Boy you sure make a person feel welcome :D

shoulda said you were in town , or coming , my home is always open to OSO brothers. but ,i'm getting the phuk out.

you will have to take i-10 west to head back to cali , they will shut the interstate down and do contra flow, all going west. this happened last year and was a disaster. the i-10 was parking lot. listen , your in new orleans , this town is a joke , if you can , leave now !!!!! paranoia is setting in..... it 's not good at all.

this city/region is being caught totally off guard. this storm was supposed to go up into west florida. there is not enough time to get everyone out. if this storm hits west of the the city , the tidal surge will overflow the lake ,you , right now are in a soup bowl , between thr river and the lake , there is a reason for the big levees you see in the quarter and at the lake.

soo ,tell vanna and pat "see ya"!!!!!!!!! i'm outta here!!

btw welcome to new orleans :D:D

H20 Toie 08-27-2005 12:54 PM

No we can't leave yet they are still planning on taping shows today and then we need to get everything on the trucks since the convention center is 8' below sea level.

open87 08-27-2005 01:44 PM

your fuked.... turn on the news... i bet pat and vanna will be flying out ASAP!

thisistank 08-27-2005 01:58 PM

Dan, be careful out there bro. We need you back in one piece so we can get some boating done!! :drink: