Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   hurricanekatrina - anyone know how to make a flood modell (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/111106-hurricanekatrina-anyone-know-how-make-flood-modell.html)

open87 08-27-2005 04:23 PM

hurricanekatrina - anyone know how to make a flood modell

of lake ponchartrain , or a link to something like that. this storm is going to push a ton of water in here. i'm wondering if i-10 over the lake could get knocked off it's piers like what happened over in florida last year...

Outkast Rafe 08-27-2005 05:35 PM

Re: hurricanekatrina - anyone know how to make a flood modell

yeah it doesnt look to good

open87 08-27-2005 05:47 PM

Re: hurricane katrina - anyone know how to make a flood modell

just said a 14-18 tidal surge not including wave action :eek: levees are what 14 ft at lakeshore in N O. it will never be the same as we knew it ..... i'm 12.5 ft above and about
1 1/4 from the lake .wonder if i'll get hit

i'm on the northshore ....

Jassman 08-27-2005 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by open72
just said a 14-18 tidal surge not including wave action :eek: levees are what 14 ft at lakeshore in N O. it will never be the same as we knew it ..... i'm 12.5 ft above and about
1 1/4 from the lake .wonder if i'll get hit

Doesn't look to good, tomorrow will tell, grab your wife and new born and get the heck out of there, it's definitely not worth it.

tomtbone1993 08-27-2005 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman
Doesn't look to good, tomorrow will tell, grab your wife and new born and get the heck out of there, it's definitely not worth it.

you can surf OSO from Texas :D

RollWithIt 08-27-2005 06:19 PM

When Ivan hit Pensacola.. It did massive waterfront damage. I got pics somewhere I should scan to show you. I-10 bridge did have sections that were lifted off the pillars and dumped into the bay. That was the result of 30 foot storm surge that was pushed up the bay from the gulf.

open87 08-27-2005 06:27 PM

this will be worse than andrew , betsy ,and camile. that's what the elders are saying...

were not staying jeff , going up to covingtion , got a place to go to right there by the st tammany hospital ,anything was to happen to lindsey ,we can be right there. also know i have a welcome in jackson ms ,we will be ok....

this is really phuked up , i'm starting to bum .......yesterday may be the last day going to new orleans.... wow...
no job , family / friends losing everything , etc....phuk.

RollWithIt 08-27-2005 06:30 PM

Good luck and be safe. You definately have your priorities right. Family first. I hope you house fairs well and your place of employment survives. Hang in there.

SpeedGirl 08-27-2005 06:58 PM

Hang in there "Open"..... we will be praying for you and your family....

God Bless

X-Rated30 08-27-2005 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by open72
...also know i have a welcome in jackson ms ,we will be ok...

I got room, too. If you see RacerX-6, bring a powerpack and a coil for my port motor. :D