Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Big Thanks for Everyone who attended LOTO Shootout (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/111161-big-thanks-everyone-who-attended-loto-shootout.html)

Von Bongo 08-29-2005 09:27 AM

Re: Big Thanks for Everyone who attended LOTO Shootout

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
Hype baby, hype. :D It's only one mile. Probably at the ceiling of what's possible in that amount of space.

David Scott was asked that question in our last interview and he said no way, there is more there, just didn't have all the stars in alignment.

He also said that it was time to give Dave Callan some competition so I am excited to see his new turbine boat. Would love to see Bacardi and Longlite competition next year.

BTW I think 186 or 189 was Bacardis fastest run and in a 36 foot cat that is haulin the mail!! Also Callan had the other cat I think 3 years when he made the 203 & 205 passes and this is the first year for the new boat. Takes some time to dial it in.

BLee 08-29-2005 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
David Scott was asked that question in our last interview and he said no way, there is more there, just didn't have all the stars in alignment.

Yeah I heard him say that in the interview. He even implied the conditions will have to be impossibly perfect. Smooth course, good temperatures, perfect boat, etc, definitely a dream kind of situation on loto. They could absolutely see more mph. I am however very skeptical of these 230mph claims in a 1 mile run.

Von Bongo 08-29-2005 11:06 AM

I am however very skeptical of these 230mph claims in a 1 mile run.

Oh, I am with you there, but I think we will see 210-215 soon.

Remember Callan raised the bar 40 MPH in 2 years (throwing out the Miss bud runs.) Callan said that for every degree over 60 their turbines lose 6 HP so if we even get a day in the mid 80s and reasonable humidity like sunday 2003 I think it's there, just need more time in the boats and the right conditions as you say.

MuscleHed 08-29-2005 11:12 AM

GREAT TURNOUT THIS YEAR!!!! Had fun. Just wish I had a boat worthy :(

Semper Fi 08-29-2005 11:31 AM

Wish I was there......planning on a trip out to LOTO next year :D

Dean Ferry 08-29-2005 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Von Bongo

He also said that it was time to give Dave Callan some competition so I am excited to see his new turbine boat. Would love to see Bacardi and Longlite competition next year.

BTW I think 186 or 189 was Bacardis fastest run and in a 36 foot cat that is haulin the mail!! Also Callan had the other cat I think 3 years when he made the 203 & 205 passes and this is the first year for the new boat. Takes some time to dial it in.

Rumour has it that Barcardi has been working on it's Turbine boat for a while, (2 years!) I look forward to seeing it!
Dean

drivin 08-29-2005 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by chad1
What Was The Fastest Pleasure Cat

Speed Racer at 154, but he shut down half way do to losing a blower belt. Just think what it would have been if he ran it out all the way!

Sean H 08-29-2005 04:30 PM

Yeah I heard him say that in the interview. He even implied the conditions will have to be impossibly perfect. Smooth course, good temperatures, perfect boat, etc, definitely a dream kind of situation on loto. They could absolutely see more mph. I am however very skeptical of these 230mph claims in a 1 mile run.

i saw a boat that might do that very thing next year... :eek: bad mofo is all i can say.... :D :D :D oh yeah, it was already painted black and silver.... :evilb:

BLee 08-29-2005 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
i saw a boat that might do that very thing next year... :eek: bad mofo is all i can say.... :D :D :D oh yeah, it was already painted black and silver.... :evilb:

Yep, I'll be there to watch! I still think 230mph in one mile is going to be tough in anything but a drag boat. I'd sure love to see someone pull it off. :cool:

bobonthis 08-29-2005 04:51 PM

Well I am sure if there is one guy to do it he is going to do it in a silver and black boat :D