Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Unhappy Bad News getting Worse for New Orleans

The levies are crumbling.
http://www.wwltv.com/

Slideshow:
http://www.wwltv.com/sharedcontent/b...Katrina/1.html

Last edited by CigDaze; 08-30-2005 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:17 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Bad News getting Worse for New Orleans

I can't imagine what it's going to be like for those poor people. My house, business and truck flooded during tropical storm Alicia which was bad enough and cost me 100k. However the water was down in the morning and we could start cleanup right away.

These houses in New Orleans may be flooded for weeks. The houses in our area that were not cleaned out in a few days were almost totaled due to mildew, rot and electrical problems.

It looks like it's turning into a worst case scenario for them with possibly many lives lost.

Very sad
Old 08-30-2005, 12:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sadly, I'm afraid that it may take months to get the levies fixed up and then drain the land.

Those pics are awful.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was surprised to find that last years hurricane Charley was the second costliest, for insurance companies, next to Andrew. Katrina is expected to knock Charley to third place.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watching the news is so sad, Robin Roberts from Good Morning America was in tears reporting from Gulfport. Another reporter started talking to a man that was walking the streets dazed he said he was on his roof holding his wife's hand but the water was rising and he could not hold on any longer and she said don't worry just take care of the kids and grandkids, he said he has nothing left, she is gone, the house is gone, his car is gone he does not know where to go. Cars in heaps, boats in heaps, houses ruined. I work from home in sales and I just can't imagine what would happen if my office would be wiped out, I would not be able to work and earn money yet the mortgage and all the other bills would still need to be paid. Such a sad time for our gulf community, I am praying for them.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Very unfortunate

Hopefully, someday our "idiots" that we have in power will figure out that we should stop sending money to the world when it has a crisis and help our own people in this country first
Old 08-30-2005, 01:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Very unfortunate

Hopefully, someday our "idiots" that we have in power will figure out that we should stop sending money to the world when it has a crisis and help our own people in this country first
Ya, it's nice to see the world paying back the tsunami relief money, right? HA! Kiss that goodbye.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:27 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Very unfortunate

Not to cause a riff, but I would much rather be in the USA when a crisis like this occurs than anywhere else. The people will be cared for. That much is for certain.

My prayers are with all in the Gulf

Sam
Old 08-30-2005, 02:38 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 850 Likes on 312 Posts

This is a disaster in huge proportions and I feel for all affected, BUT, there are some whose experiences baffle me. I saw an interview today with some dude that had to hold onto a tree for four hours to prevent himself being blown and washed away. The reporter asked why he was in that position to begin with and he said that he didn't think this was going to be that bad.

Now my memory is nothing like it used to be, but I have trouble remembering a storm promoted as definitively and strongly as this was warning to people to GET OUT and some still think they can beat it
Old 08-30-2005, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Neverfastenuf
Not to cause a riff, but I would much rather be in the USA when a crisis like this occurs than anywhere else. The people will be cared for. That much is for certain.

My prayers are with all in the Gulf

Sam
I completely agree. I served my country for 8 years..... This is the greatest country in the World, but alot of things need changing

Quick Reply: Bad News getting Worse for New Orleans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.