A Flying Tube!  Check this out! >

A Flying Tube! Check this out!

Notices

A Flying Tube! Check this out!

Old 08-30-2005, 07:12 AM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A Flying Tube! Check this out!

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
Jim don't let me tell Otis your slacking on tying up the boat.If Patty doesn't have a 1st sugar daddy i guess i'll be #1 then,since i've changed to 1 location.hint hint.
Oh yea...I see!! Jen didn't kick you out did she? You're gonna need a place to store all that doc stuff for sure... so feel free to drop it of at MARSH Landing. Just make sure to install the lift right...I gotta squeeze in 39 feet plus a swim platform.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:16 AM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Default Re: A Flying Tube! Check this out!

Originally Posted by mwdill
where's the luv?
Bring Otis this weekend and I'll show you!
Old 06-14-2007, 01:14 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

I guess not everyone can fly these things! Actually, they are talking about a sportsstuff tube. It's been recalled.

Boating Articles

CPSC Warns Consumers about Dangers of Tube Kiting
CPSC Warns Consumers about Dangers of Tube Kiting
Two Deaths over the Past 3 Months Attributed to New Water Sport
WASHINGTON, D.C. – In advance of the July 4th holiday weekend, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is warning consumers about the possible dangers associated with a new type of water recreation known as “tube kiting.”

CPSC is concerned about death and injury reports associated with tube kiting. It is currently investigating two versions of these products to determine if there is a significant product hazard.

Tube kiting is a relatively new form of extreme water sport which is fast growing in popularity, but also extremely dangerous. CPSC is aware of at least two deaths associated with tube kiting this year. A 33-year-old Texas man was killed in late April 2006 while tube kiting, and a 42-year-old man died from injuries associated with tube kiting on June 26, 2006 in Wisconsin.

CPSC is also aware of 12 serious injuries associated with tube kiting. The injuries include a broken neck, punctured lung, broken ribs, broken femur, chest and back injuries, and facial injuries, such as jaw fractures. A 14-year-old girl who was tube kiting lost consciousness when it fell about 15 feet and struck the water.

Tube kites are very large, sometimes round, inflatable water devices that can be more than 10 feet in diameter. The tube is hooked to the back of a boat by a tow rope, and the tube rider pulls back on a rope as the boat travels at speeds between 25 and 35 miles per hour. The ride begins when the tube is lifted into the air trailing the boat. Possible reasons for incidents and injuries include: 1) rider’s difficulty in controlling the tube, 2) boat operator inexperience, and 3) how the tube reacts in certain weather conditions. The conditions of highest concern are wind gusts that can cause the tube to spin out of control, or sudden slowing or stopping by the boat operator, which can cause the tube to nose dive into the water. In some cases, the sudden stopping of the boat might cause the tube rider to continue past the boat and hit it or hit other boats or stationary objects, such as a bridge.

The National Park Service has banned the inflatable devices in at least one of its parks, Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, which includes Lake Powell where there have been at least four serious injuries.

KITE TUBE RECALL

News from CPSC

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission

Office of Information and Public Affairs Washington, D.C. 20207

For Immediate Release Firm’s Recall Hotline: (866-831-5524)
July 13, 2006 CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
Release # 06-210 CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908

Sportsstuff Wego Kite Tubes Withdrawn from Market after Reports of Deaths and Injuries

WASHINGTON, D.C. – In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Sportsstuff, Inc., of Omaha, Nebraska is voluntarily recalling about 19,000 Wego Kite Tubes.

CPSC staff is aware of 39 injury incidents with 29 of those resulting in medical treatment. Those injuries include a broken neck, punctured lung, chest and back injuries and facial injuries. Sportsstuff has received reports of two deaths in the United States and a variety of serious injuries. Sportsstuff has been unable to determine the cause of the incidents. Nevertheless, the company has withdrawn the kite tube from the market and is undertaking this voluntary recall out of an abundance of caution.

The Sportsstuff Wego Kite Tube is a 10-foot-wide, circular, yellow inflatable watercraft designed to be towed behind a power boat. A rider in the tube becomes airborne by pulling on handles attached to the floor of the tube. Model 53-5000 is printed on the tube near the product valve. The floor of the tube has black caution warning stripes. The cover for the product bears a skull and crossbones and the statement “Never Kite higher than you are willing to fall.”

The tubes were imported and sold through marine distributors, mail order catalogs, and various retailers from approximately October 1, 2005 to July 11, 2006 for about $500 to $600.

Consumers should immediately stop using the kite tubes and contact Sportsstuff at (866) 831-5524 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CST Monday through Friday to learn how to obtain free replacement products. Consumers can also visit the firm’s Web site at www.sportsstuff.com for more information.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I saw the one on Youtube where the guy broke his neck. Looked like fun until he landed.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Registered

I think it's time for a video.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:10 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T3e9...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJAN6...elated&search=
Old 06-14-2007, 04:14 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

This driver is like WOT! OUCH!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENiLg...elated&search=
Old 06-14-2007, 06:33 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They are outlawed in TN.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not my a s s !
Old 06-14-2007, 08:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Blue by You
Oweeee!

Quick Reply: A Flying Tube! Check this out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.