Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A Flying Tube! Check this out! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/111228-flying-tube-check-out.html)

Blue by You 08-29-2005 01:29 PM

A Flying Tube! Check this out!

3 Attachment(s)
Pics from SML in VA. This kid can fly this thing like 30-40 feet in the air. Pulled by a 20 outlaw. It's awesome!!

Blue by You 08-29-2005 01:33 PM

Re: A Flying Tube! Check this out!

3 Attachment(s)
Couple more shots...

Sydwayz 08-29-2005 01:36 PM

Jim, I was JUST downloading my pics for the same post!

Semper Fi 08-29-2005 01:44 PM

very cool.....looks like it could be dangerous also :eek:

TxHawk 08-29-2005 01:45 PM

That is awesome. How fast did they look like they were running?

Blue by You 08-29-2005 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
very cool.....looks like it could be dangerous also :eek:

Um.. yea. Just ask my ribs!

Sydwayz 08-29-2005 01:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jim (Blue by You) and I have both ridden it behind a Sea-Doo jet boat, and gotten 10-15 feet of air. Above it is being piloted by a 14 year old, and we all decided he pilots better than we do. (Yes, he is flying no hands at points, and its his Father pulling the tube.) You really don't wipe out too hard. If it comes down quickly, it recovers on the way down, and if you come off, you fall into one of the wings first, then slide off onto the water.

(And before anyone barks that there is a not a spotter in a couple of the passes... we are not required to have a spotter in VA, and we were doing this in a cove with about 10 boats all manned within a few hundred feet.)

Blue by You 08-29-2005 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by ExcaliburHawk40
That is awesome. How fast did they look like they were running?

Depends on the wind but with this kid anywhere from 30-40. Fatter asses need more speed like me!!

Sydwayz 08-29-2005 01:48 PM

It will get air at about 27-30 mph with a headwind. If you rip it up to about 45 mph it REALLY goes up fast. (That's only been done a couple times.) The next challenge is to get the helicopter to come over one day, and get some shots from (way) above/beside.

Blue by You 08-29-2005 01:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Jim (Blue by You) and I have both ridden it behind a Sea-Doo jet boat, and gotten 10-15 feet of air. Above it is being piloted by a 14 year old, and we all decided he pilots better than we do. (Yes, he is flying no hands at points, and its his Father pulling the tube.) You really don't wipe out too hard. If it comes down quickly, it recovers on the way down, and if you come off, you fall into one of the wings first, then slide off onto the water.

(And before anyone barks that there is a not a spotter in a couple of the passes... we are not required to have a spotter in VA, and we were doing this in a cove with about 10 boats all manned within a few hundred feet.)

Bri, what did you say about not wiping out too hard???
HaHa... That's you bro!