Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hurricane Victim Members, Check in here... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/111354-hurricane-victim-members-check-here.html)

105mph_38_2003 08-31-2005 12:21 AM

Re: Hurricane Victim Members, Check in here...

Eddie, how is Steve? I tried his cell but Nextel could'nt locate him...Glad you're safe and all the best in getting it back together.

They have all the local news crews in Slidell and I was shocked to see how bad it was hit :( How many boats were laying around at the shop? They showed the bridge and alot of it was missing, scary chit being I was just on it a few weeks ago :eek:

Let me know if I can do anything....

DoTheMath 08-31-2005 07:55 AM

Eddie~

Glad to hear you guys made it out - most important you are all ok. I know it's not of much comfort in the wake of all this, (I have two friends - both with families - that live right in New Orleans, they all got out ok but lost everything left behind :( ), but you are safe. Stuff can be replaced - friends and family can not... Hope someone hears on Jeff soon and they are all ok as well. Not sure what I can do from up here, but if you need anything, let me know.

-Mark-

Young Performance 08-31-2005 09:43 AM

Thanks for all of the kind words. I talked to Steve's brother and they are fine. They stayed home, but live far to the west of N.O. Had some minor damage and no power, but they are alive. Our 36 Nortech has insurance, but is not covered for a named storm (Katrina), so I hope it is ok. Don't know about the shop since you can't get in.I spoke with a Lt. on the slidell police dept. and he told me that there are bodies floating everywhere, that's why there is not much news coverage on slidell. Same goes for St. Bernard, which is where I live, or used to live. They are stacking the bodies on the roof of the courthouse, and is suppose to be in the hundreds. Hope that is not true, but came from a reliable source.

R Addiction 08-31-2005 09:48 AM

I feel sick after that TMP...I can't imagine going thru any of this. :(

Young Performance 08-31-2005 09:53 AM

I am speechless. The outpouring of kindness from people on this site is amazing. I hope I don't have to take anyone up on their offer, but I may since I have nothing. I need to figure out a plan because I can only keep myself, girlfriend, and 4 yr old son in hotels for a little longer before we run out of money. I have a newfound respect for everyone on this site. The fact that people would open their doors to strangers shows what the boating community is made of. Once again, thanks for the kindness and love.

Audiofn 08-31-2005 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by TMP racing
Hey everyone, thanks for your concern. The damage is unbelievable. My girlfriend, son and I made it out before the storm hit, but we have lost everything that we own. We took only a few pictures and important papers and left everything else behind. Last report was that our house was under 10+ feet of water. We lived just east of New Orleans in St. Bernard Parish. Don't know when we can leave Panama City Florida or where to go when we leave. Staying in a hotel for now. Not sure about the shop, but it doesn't look good, since Slidell was hit very hard.
Eddie

Man I hope that some how you got lucky...... You have your health and the rest you can hopefully rebuild..... I can not imagien what you are going through :(

WesSmith 08-31-2005 10:41 AM

We watched this last night with our jaws dropped...I don't think anyone expected this kind of destruction.......

Our hearts go out to you folks and would certainly be happy to have anyone stay on Long Island with us....plenty of room.

Croozin2 08-31-2005 10:46 AM

Hey guys - still kickin'! Stalkin and I are neighbors and we are both OK. I rode it out near our homes to keep an eye on everything. Lost the roof to 16 of the 32 condos in our complex. Stalkin's place is OK - mine, however, isn't. Total loss. We're in the process of moving everything to dry storage and living in the inlaws' RV at present. It's all good though. Already been in touch with State Farm and the claim is in motion. Working off dial-up as that's all we have right now. As bad as it is in our area I really feel for the people of N.O. that weren't able to get out. Water is still pouring in from breaches in the levee system. Until something is done to shore the levee up, N.O. is just a branch of the Gulf and Lake Ponchartrain. I am friends with Stan's (Popeyes) younger brother Guy Ware so I will try to get an update on Stan, Lyann and baby's condition. I responded to him on another thread around 5:00 Sunday morning right when the chit was about to hit the blower but that's the last I've heard also.

Thanks for all the concern from the OSO bros and sis. It means the world to know someone is thinking and caring. I'll give updates as I get info.

Donald

otis311 08-31-2005 10:49 AM

I am speechless. The outpouring of kindness from people on this site is amazing. I hope I don't have to take anyone up on their offer, but I may since I have nothing. I need to figure out a plan because I can only keep myself, girlfriend, and 4 yr old son in hotels for a little longer before we run out of money. I have a newfound respect for everyone on this site. The fact that people would open their doors to strangers shows what the boating community is made of. Once again, thanks for the kindness and love.

Dont worry about running out of money, What ever is needed for all of you down there WILL be raised by your OSO family. Let us know your needs and we will provide

Audiofn 08-31-2005 11:26 AM

TMP did you guys have insurance?

Do you have a bank account left that you have access to?

I will help out in any way that I can. You are welcome to stay in my trailer in Maine as long as you like. Should have the house going up there soon. Could even pay you to keep an eye on all the people that never show up!!! All this makes my problems seem stupidly small...... Hang in there buddy we will do everything we can to help ya out. See about starting up a bank account I am willing to wire some money down. Can not afford much but will help.

Jon