Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hurricane Victim Members, Check in here... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/111354-hurricane-victim-members-check-here.html)

Tantrum 08-31-2005 11:32 AM

Re: Hurricane Victim Members, Check in here...

Originally Posted by otis311
Dont worry about running out of money, What ever is needed for all of you down there WILL be raised by your OSO family. Let us know your needs and we will provide

Im in...please let us know.

LubeJobs42 08-31-2005 01:28 PM

Please see:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=111440

Young Performance 08-31-2005 01:28 PM

Once again, I can not thank you guys enough for all of your support. This is when you find out who your true friends are and what people are made of. I have my health and my family, and that means more than any material possessions. I also have all of mine and my mothers dogs (8 total, 4 of which are 2 week old puppies). My mother stayed behind to work at the hospital. She is a ER nurse and heads up the disaster team. The last time I spoke with her was Monday night from the roof of the flooded hospital. The doctors, nurses ans patients were waiting to be rescued from the roof. The hospital is a total loss and unusable as the second floor is flooded, roof is leaking and toilets backing up all over the place. Not exatly sanitary conditions. She has lost everything; house, car(not insured), clothes etc.
We do have insurance on the house, but I'm not sure the extent of the coverage on the shop. I'm working on that now.
We will get in as soon as possible to survey the extent of the damage and save as much as possible. We do have quite a bit there that was in progress.
I do have a working account at this time and I am ok for money at this time. I just don't know how long it will last. According to the news and people that I have spoken with, the flooding is getting worse, not better. My house is not visible anymore. No idea when this will end.
Once again, I can't even begin to show my gratitude toward you guys, most whom I have never met.
Eddie

masher44 08-31-2005 01:34 PM

Count me in as well... horrible situation :(

vette131 08-31-2005 01:48 PM

we're in destin hoping to return to slidell thurday. i'll try to pass by diamonhead on the way in & see how bad it is above I10. i'm on the high side of slidell & i've been told my house is ok. we have many friends in the area that have lost everything. what a horrible thing to happen to this area.

blownincome 08-31-2005 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tantrum
Im in...please let us know.

Im in as Well... Let me And Heidi Know!!

X-Rated30 08-31-2005 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by vette131
we're in destin hoping to return to slidell thurday. i'll try to pass by diamonhead on the way in & see how bad it is above I10. i'm on the high side of slidell & i've been told my house is ok. we have many friends in the area that have lost everything. what a horrible thing to happen to this area.

Good to know you got out.

Semper Fi 08-31-2005 04:52 PM

any word on Jassman? :(

Sydwayz 08-31-2005 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
any word on Jassman? :(

I am worried about Jeff Jassby and family. Anything at all?

Tabasco Cat 08-31-2005 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I am worried about Jeff Jassby and family. Anything at all?

I don't know Jeff personally, but I found his cell # from another post. I'm sure others that know him have tried to call to no avail. I hope all is well

Jeff's cell 228-216-0900

My heart goes out to all affected :( .

Greg