Notices

The Chief Is Here

Old 09-03-2005, 09:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Re: The Chief Is Here

Originally Posted by GOODT
pat why does frank say you split from chief?????

First of all, great looking boat!! Congrats!!

But I'm really confused about what is the difference between a Chief and an Active Thunder. Is Chief buying 37' hulls from AT and finishing them? Is AT not building boats anymore?

I'm really not trying to stir anything up, it's just confusing when someone who has in their signature that they are a Active Thunder dealer doesn't seem to know whats up!!
Old 09-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the 37 ran 88 and change today w/ 32 labed 4 bladers. wel'll see what more we can squeez out with a little more room and a swap to 5 bld max's
Old 09-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Originally Posted by OldSchool
First of all, great looking boat!! Congrats!!

But I'm really confused about what is the difference between a Chief and an Active Thunder. Is Chief buying 37' hulls from AT and finishing them? Is AT not building boats anymore?

I'm really not trying to stir anything up, it's just confusing when someone who has in their signature that they are a Active Thunder dealer doesn't seem to know whats up!!
Back at the time of the Miami boat show, Chief had pretty much bought into the AT factory and everything was then going to be named Chief. Pat was still involved and had been instemental in some very cool changes to the 42 Chief cabin. I am not aware of any changes. But, there is no reason I should be aware of any changes. I am simply friends with a few people involved. I am not asking them. I'll wait till they make something different known.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting that none of the Chief principals have commented on this question. Is it such a secret as to the relationship between AT and Chief? I too found it interesting that dealers are unaware of what is going on.

At this point one might want to buy a new boat with AT name-plates rather than Chief, as they atleast have some history in the market.

I only wish that there were a 37' AT in the Chicago area so that I could see one up close (and go for a ride!).
Old 09-04-2005, 08:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boomer 880
Interesting that none of the Chief principals have commented on this question. Is it such a secret as to the relationship between AT and Chief? I too found it interesting that dealers are unaware of what is going on.

At this point one might want to buy a new boat with AT name-plates rather than Chief, as they at least have some history in the market.

I only wish that there were a 37' AT in the Chicago area so that I could see one up close (and go for a ride!).
i will repeat myself,

sometimes silence is Golden. their are people who love to stir things up. and those like myself who just love power boating. somethings are just not for the entire world to know about, not because of any negative reasons but for privacy. which everyone is entitled to.

one thing is for sure i would be very thorough before making comments which could be deemed inflammatory or negative.

i myself however take them in stride , pos or neg , for either way, i will, learn and grow.

and if your ever in newyork on long island, i'd be happy to take you out and go for a blast

monsta
Old 09-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

awesome boat, congrats........LT
Old 09-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Well, I got my ride but - too much sea grass in strainers, not enough time on my part to continue. I thank both George and Bo for the first ride and look forward to the complete test tomarrow Monday. From what I did experience the boat is a Rocket and as solid a hull through wakes as I have ever been on. I was very impressed. I love the cabin as I have said before, the head is the most usable head I have seen is this kind of boat. Look forward the call guys.....

Boomer, my wife is from the Chicago area. A flight to Mac Athur Airport puts you about 15 minutes from me and another 15 gets us to Bo's. I think the round trip flight costs about 180 bucks. You can stay over at my place if you like and I'll drive you. Dinner should be on George and Bo though! PM me if you like...
Old 09-04-2005, 10:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sorry... I was just asking a question. I thought that was what OSO was all about (getting information).

I stated 2x that I like the boat, so I was NOT trying to me inflammatory or negative. However, I would look for another dealer than you to purchase a boat as this IS my choice.

Best of luck and this is my last comment on this thread.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:56 AM
Registered

monstaaa, i don't think that asking a question is deemed negative or inflammatory, positive or negative it is simply asking a question if you don't have the answer fine, but i am a powerboat guy who may buy a new boat in the next year or so and would like to know the answer. What is the relationship between chief and at. If you know it let us know but don't make it anything more than it is.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boomer 880

At this point one might want to buy a new boat with AT name-plates rather than Chief, as they at least have some history in the market.

Originally Posted by monstaaa
i will repeat myself,

sometimes silence is Golden. their are people who love to stir things up. and those like myself who just love power boating. somethings are just not for the entire world to know about, not because of any negative reasons but for privacy. which everyone is entitled to.

one thing is for sure i would be very thorough before making comments which could be deemed inflammatory or negative.

i myself however take them in stride , pos or neg , for either way, i will, learn and grow.

and if your ever in newyork on long island, i'd be happy to take you out and go for a blast

monsta

WTF? seems like a simple question, if they are in the middle of renegotiations great we will wait. but with a coment like silence is golden????????? this is a important question, iam going to look at a 2003 37 at this weekend. is it supported by at, chief or no one? there are new at's and chiefs who supports them?
no need to answer silence is golden.

great looking boats by the way

Quick Reply: The Chief Is Here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.