Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Housing for OSO Members, Victims of Katrina (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/111363-housing-oso-members-victims-katrina.html)

t500hps 09-02-2005 12:33 PM

Re: Housing for OSO Members, Victims of Katrina

Posted on Printing Trade Forums......

For those displaced in the gulf states we are basically looking to hire anyone with Printing experience and provide housing assistance for you in the Richmond VA area.
Good Luck and God Bless

Dear Fellow PrintPlaneteers,

To all of our Print brothers and sisters who are suffering from the loss of home, job and perhaps loved ones and friends, we here at Carter Printing Company in Richmond, Virginia send prayers and wishes for the speediest of recovery and our heartfelt compassion. We also understand that for many who have lost employment, finding a job in the print industry may be difficult.

Carter Printing has openings in our sheetfed multi-color press and bindery operations. We are offering fulltime employment for qualified craftsman, plus 6 months housing expense for you and your family. This is done to assist you in getting a foothold in the new environment and to keep the immediate concern of finding housing at a minimum.

Carter Printing is not wanting to make good at someone else's expense, yet we realize that for some, printing careers in the Gulf Coast area will be nonexistent for awhile until most print businesses can rebuild.

Our objective is to be a contributor in the relief process in the form of job opportunities and secure a future to those individuals in our printing family. The situation as it exists with the tremendous amount of jobs lost and all economic stability shattered, these citizens need hope. Providing a person with a job and a chance to move forward can supply the tools to give an individual that strength and promise to go on!

We express to you a sincere desire to extend this opportunity to those unfortunate Americans who are not in a position to do for themselves.

Those of you reading this can offer an opportunity to those not able to view this message. We respectfully request you do a "word of mouth" or forward our message to those in need.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Russ Carter
Vice President
Carter Printing Company
2007 N. Hamilton Street
Richmond, VA 23230
1-804-359-9206
[email protected]
www.carterprinting.com

hot props 09-02-2005 09:55 PM

I am new to the offshore world, with the purchase of my first Sutphen, and yet in the short time that I have been here I am amazed at the class, compassion, and selflessness that is shown by you folks. From the smallest things like lending a hand to fix a boat during a run, to opening your doors to strangers in need my eyes and heart have been reopened to the good in a world so blinded by material things.... Two thumbs up to truly wonderful people! If I can be of any assistance feel free to e-mail me direct at [email protected]

kidrock 09-02-2005 11:10 PM

south ga 2 rms pm me if i can help

sonic31 09-03-2005 09:40 AM

This is a great site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carney 09-05-2005 07:32 AM

I have one rm and a full heated basement if we can help up state new york a long ways away but a helping hand.

georges 09-05-2005 12:37 PM

I was away when Katrina hit Fort Lauderdale and just came home yesterday.
I knew that our roof blew off, but what I didn't know was that the ceilings also caved in and it rained inside for a week!!!
I have the place next door which was empty and suffered no damage whatsoever. I know first hand how it feels to loose pretty much everything you own. But these are just things.
I feel for those that REALLY lost everything, including loved ones, I feel very fortunate indeed and am very touched by the vast outpouring of help from all OSO members!
(not towards me of course, but for the Louisiana victims) :rolleyes:

FloridianSon 09-05-2005 05:09 PM

2000sf moble home on 6 acres in Gainesville Fl. to OSO member if needed. James 352-262-0398.

Julio 09-06-2005 10:50 AM

Being a native of New Orleans and now living about an hour away, it really touches my heart reading these post. Thanks OSO and all of it's wonderful members.

terrygar 09-06-2005 02:59 PM

House available near Lake Tahoe!

HotPursuit 09-06-2005 08:40 PM

Man what an overwelming feeling to see such careing
from total stangers.Just remember most of the really hard
it areas like slidell have no services much less the internet.
The post on this site has giving a new meaning to OSO
family. THANKS
THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN