Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
$$$ Fund For Oso Hurricane Victims.......... >

$$$ Fund For Oso Hurricane Victims..........

Notices

$$$ Fund For Oso Hurricane Victims..........

Old 08-31-2005, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: $$$ Fund For Oso Hurricane Victims..........

I hope the Red Cross isn't giving relief to all those looter bastards.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sometimes you never know where your donations are going. If we set up a fund for mainly OSO victims, at least we know we can definately help some of them.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:31 PM
Registered

Good idea Gerard. Here's a twist.

I don't want to process all of your donations... that's not my point. But the company that owns the hospital I work for has made my dept a collection point for donations AND THEY WILL MATCH any donation that comes in prior to Sept 30.

My company can't be the only one. Look for reputable organizations that are willing to match and double the value of your donation.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in. Is someone working on the details. Maybe someone has an attourney that can set up a trust/escrow account. I will be happy to contact my lawer about it if no one else is working on it. Please let me know. The sooner we do this the better.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:36 PM
Registered

FYI: The red cross will send the money where they think it is needed be it international or domestic, you can't say anything about where you would like for the money to go.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TRICK
Don't know what everyone is doing, but my wife made an online credit card donation to the American Red Cross.

What Gino is proposing is something completely different.

A fund set up by an attorney with ALL proceeds going to help our OSO brothers. Funds that will be kept in the family.

Gino has already spoken with an attorney who has agreed to set up a fund pro bono. Gino is proposing perhaps a three to five member board to handle dispersment to OSO members who may need the help. This should lend credibility as well as responsibility for the dispursment of donations.

I suspect we all know members of OSO who have been devistated by this tragedy. I'm in right now. As soon as we have banking info, my money is on the way.

If you have some constructive ideas to ad, please do so. But lets not get bogged down in minutia. This is a great idea and we damn sure ought to get on board and help our friends who are going to need it.
That is a great idea........this is great to see everyone pulling together, even though the reason why we have to do it sucks.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fund razor
Good idea Gerard. Here's a twist.

I don't want to process all of your donations... that's not my point. But the company that owns the hospital I work for has made my dept a collection point for donations AND THEY WILL MATCH any donation that comes in prior to Sept 30.

My company can't be the only one. Look for reputable organizations that are willing to match and double the value of your donation.
Our company sent out an e-mail this morning doing the same thing. They asked for donations to be sent in by Sept 9 and will match whatever the employee donates.

Thoughts and prayers to the many OSO people affected and to those who lost loved ones, homes, everything. The devastation is truly unbelieveable....and unfortunately there's more to learn.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

We'll for some reason Twingunstep just deleated my post with all the trust fund info. Why? I have no idea!
Anyway, I had my attorney set up a trust fund. It is called "OSO family relief fund". It is in Wachovia bank. I just gave my attourny a check to open the account. He will have the funds Tax id. number by tomorrow morning. My attorney is doing all the work No charge and wachovia bank is waving all fees. I was thinking we would elect 3 or 4 other members along with Fred from Trick Marine to make decision on how the money is distributed. Please give me any feedback. Thank you
Old 08-31-2005, 02:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TRICK
Don't know what everyone is doing, but my wife made an online credit card donation to the American Red Cross.
What Gino is proposing is something completely different.
A fund set up by an attorney with ALL proceeds going to help our OSO brothers. Funds that will be kept in the family.
Gino has already spoken with an attorney who has agreed to set up a fund pro bono. Gino is proposing perhaps a three to five member board to handle dispersment to OSO members who may need the help. This should lend credibility as well as responsibility for the dispursment of donations.
I suspect we all know members of OSO who have been devistated by this tragedy. I'm in right now. As soon as we have banking info, my money is on the way.
If you have some constructive ideas to ad, please do so. But lets not get bogged down in minutia. This is a great idea and we damn sure ought to get on board and help our friends who are going to need it.
Im in, thank you Gino for getting it rolling.
Let me know how to make out my check and where to send it.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:27 PM
Registered

I don't want to butt in, but I'm not sure if the forum has any other professional fundraisers who operate 501-c(3).

Let me know if I can do anything.
PM me if you want Gino.
I will be home tonight.
Even keeping it simple there are some best practices and bad practices.

Quick Reply: $$$ Fund For Oso Hurricane Victims..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.