Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   $$$ Fund For Oso Hurricane Victims.......... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/111399-%24%24%24-fund-oso-hurricane-victims.html)

Tantrum 08-31-2005 02:28 PM

Re: $$$ Fund For Oso Hurricane Victims..........

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
We'll for some reason Twingunstep just deleated my post with all the trust fund info. Why? I have no idea!
Anyway, I had my attorney set up a trust fund. It is called "OSO family relief fund". It is in Wachovia bank. I just gave my attourny a check to open the account. He will have the funds Tax id. number by tomorrow morning. My attorney is doing all the work No charge and wachovia bank is waving all fees. I was thinking we would elect 3 or 4 other members along with Fred from Trick Marine to make decision on how the money is distributed. Please give me any feedback. Thank you

Im in, thank you Gino for getting it rolling.
Let me know how to make out my check and where to send it.

LubeJobs42 08-31-2005 02:35 PM

Thank you! All details will be posted tomorrow. Please decide on which 3 to 5 members you want to handle all the decisions. I was thinking Fred from Trick could be the main contact. Face it, he's not doing anything anyway!

Semper Fi 08-31-2005 02:38 PM

Thank you! All details will be posted tomorrow. Please decide on which 3 to 5 members you want to handle all the decisions. I was thinking Fred from Trick could be the main contact. Face it, he's not doing anything anyway!

I'm in also. I think you would be good to be one of the members on the board for this. Maybe people who are close to the affected area would be good?

Semper Fi 08-31-2005 02:41 PM

We'll for some reason Twingunstep just deleated my post with all the trust fund info. Why? I have no idea!
Anyway, I had my attorney set up a trust fund. It is called "OSO family relief fund". It is in Wachovia bank. I just gave my attourny a check to open the account. He will have the funds Tax id. number by tomorrow morning. My attorney is doing all the work No charge and wachovia bank is waving all fees. I was thinking we would elect 3 or 4 other members along with Fred from Trick Marine to make decision on how the money is distributed. Please give me any feedback. Thank you

Your post is now a "sticky" that will stay at the top of the page

frequentflyer 08-31-2005 02:41 PM

Count me in. Let me know the details and I will send a check...

Dean Ferry 08-31-2005 02:46 PM

We are in too
Dean and Robin

fund razor 08-31-2005 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Maybe people who are close to the affected area would be good?

That would seem to make sense on a basic level.
But in practice it is better to have no ties whatsoever.

The board should allocate to virtual strangers if possible.

Not neighbors.

tpmarine.com 08-31-2005 05:35 PM

As soon as you post the details, I will pitch in as well.

Let us know who to make the check out too and where to send it.

Semper Fi 08-31-2005 09:47 PM

We are getting alot of support here.....good to see everyone getting along and helping each other out.

TalkOffshore 08-31-2005 10:01 PM

We've tried to keep up with all the members and where they are but no place seems to be the comprehensive place.

So until something is better we have created a spreadsheet at www.talkoffshore.com.

We need some of you to fill us in on names, locations and status of the very members that we care so much about.

AC