Notices

Labor Day Weekend Guilt

Old 09-06-2005, 10:43 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Labor Day Weekend Guilt

I did not get the "helping others" aspect from his post. Maybe I read too fast, but I don't think it was clear. I was responding only to his comments about the "CEO's salary". He took it to another level.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:08 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

"Wish I could pack up the RV and a big trailer of water, food, and medical supplies and head down to help, but due to existing professional commitments, I can't just take off work for more than 2-3 days at a time. Already scheduled for ER shifts all the way through October."

This is was part of his first post that I was referring to and yes you very correct it did take a turn with the salary issue. But I saw his frustration about the "thank you" aspect.

I obviously know Chris (not very well) but have read many other posts about helping and volunteering that he has been a part of.

I guess I just respect the fact knowing we all have choices that some (not just him) make in regards to helping others and volunteering and not worry about personal gain. I am not one of those people!!! I allow myself to get rapped up in work and boating to the extent that it's not possible to find time to help others.

So not trying to twist the post and the reasons behind it but I can see the frustration that folks must have when they try to do the right thing and someone else profits from it without even a "thank you"

This happens to all of us throughout life one way or another and Yes I know we are all big boys I just wanted to show a different opinion from the outside looking in and I may be way off!

But hey on a funny note I did "Stay Smart" last night! I travel a lot for business and it just so happens that Holiday Inn is letting you turn points into cash so I will be contributing 175K points to the Red Cross and Holiday Inn will match it. I am not sure of the cash value!
Old 09-06-2005, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well,

I just want to say that it is MY business who makes what. Yes... I even have software and internet tools to help in that process. I use Guidestar quite a bit.

The CEO of that health system does indeed clear about 1.4 mil.
The CEO of our health system only makes about $775,000.

Obviously you can see which is a better value.

I hate to disagree with my friend Bill, (baf) he has been really nice to me.

But I have to say that it really IS some people's business to know what these folks make. Plus, I think that when you have a board driven organization, salaries of officers in a company become relevant.

IF these were private business men filing private 1040s then it would be nobody's business.

But the guys in question here are claimed on the corporation's 990 form and published in the newspaper as a matter of public record.

You are the man, Bill.
But I don't think that Chris was out of line.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:26 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by fund razor
Well,

I just want to say that it is MY business who makes what. Yes... I even have software and internet tools to help in that process. I use Guidestar quite a bit.

The CEO of our health system only makes about $775,000.

Obviously you can see which is a better value.

I hate to disagree with my friend Bill, (baf) he has been really nice to me.

But I have to say that it really IS some people's business to know what these folks make. Plus, I think that when you have a board driven organization, salaries of officers in a company become relevant.

IF these were private business men filing private 1040s then it would be nobody's business.

But the guys in question here are claimed on the corporation's 990 form and published in the newspaper as a matter of public record.

You are the man, Bill.
But I don't think that Chris was out of line.
Point taken, Fund. . If we can't discuss issues without starting a war we are just acting like children. Sometimes it's ok to be wrong...........you just might learn something.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
Point taken, Fund. . If we can't discuss issues without starting a war we are just acting like children. Sometimes it's ok to be wrong...........you just might learn something.
I don't think either of you were wrong.
But I think that his point makes more sense when you put it in the "CEO of a board driven entity" kind of context, and yours makes more sense when you are talking about say... an entrepeneur.
This was one of those "conversations" that if you were face to face you would have both understood what the other meant.

But I wasn't trying to flame you.

Glad you knew that.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fund razor
Well,

Thanks, Fund.

baf.com,

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I just thought your initial response was rather strong for not knowing all the facts. I think if you or your immediate family members were involved or directly affected by this, you would feel differently.

Let's just agree to disagree, OK?

Last edited by RedDog382; 09-07-2005 at 12:34 AM.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RedDog382

baf.com,

Let's just agree to disagree, OK?
You might as well.
You are both among the "cooler" members of this forum.

I am sure that Bill thinks he came on a little strong.

He's a good guy.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:20 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Yes, that's what I meant. Actually, I see your point Red Dog. I don't think I even disagree with you
Old 09-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Registered

My work is done here.