Notices

Ft. Lauderdale

Old 08-31-2005, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ft. Lauderdale

Originally Posted by Doug
insptech is right, The water taxi is a must. We got on at the main station and went in one direction and stopped at Shooters for lunch and took it the other direction the next evening. Plenty of places to stop for shopping and great food. I think it stops running around midnight.
OH NO! NOT SHOOTERS! They got you too huh Doug? UNCLEAN UNCLEAN!

Did you have some key lime pie?
Old 08-31-2005, 09:28 PM
Registered

Thanks again for all your help I had heard of the water taxi and thought it would be a great way to see the area from the water. Apreciate all the good ideas.

P.S is there a bunch of different companies providing the taxies or is it basically all the same one.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:41 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is a municipal thing run by the city. They got some huge grant from the feds to try it out, your tax dollars at work
Old 08-31-2005, 09:43 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

There is a cabana bar at the Marriot across from Pier 66 that has decent food, good drinks, and a lot of boats to look at. The water taxi stops there also.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:12 PM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

mack1, hope you have a great time it's always good to get away.

Roger 1, ya I couldn't resist, Betty,my mom, daughter Lacey and I were in Florida last year for a cruise and R & R. I didn't realize that Ft. L Shooters and the one in LOTO were the same and as a matter of fact Betty and I did split a piece.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
There is a cabana bar at the Marriot across from Pier 66 that has decent food, good drinks, and a lot of boats to look at. The water taxi stops there also.
That is exactly the kind of suggestions I was hoping for thanks! Doug, thanks for the help relaxtion is always needed and I am sure we will have fun.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger 1
Yeah! I`m sure that florida is the only place that you have to keep your eye on your wallet. I know that I have filled up vehicles on numerous occasions durring my visits and nobody tried to take mine.
He also told me that when he goes down to the marina where he keeps his boat (60 ft. Viking), he has to put the top up and make sure the doors are locked because people will steal whatever is in the car.

Don't have to do that by me... You can leave the top down and doors open... Hell you can probably leave the keys in the ignition.

By the way, when I went there I loved it! I had an excellent time at the Hot Bod Contest, they let our crew be judges... Will have to get the pic and post when I have time.

The night life in Las Olas was pretty fun too!

Last edited by Panther; 09-01-2005 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
He also told me that when he goes down to the marina where he keeps his boat (60 ft. Viking), he has to put the top up and make sure the doors are locked because people will steal whatever is in the car.

Don't have to do that by me... You can leave the top down and doors open... Hell you can probably leave the keys in the ignition.

By the way, when I went there I loved it! I had an excellent time at the Hot Bod Contest, they let our crew be judges... Will have to get the pic and post when I have time.

The night life in Las Olas was pretty fun too!
I`m glad that you live in a place where you can still do that. It used to be that way here once as well.

Where does he keep his boat? I know that there was a marina in Dania, called Newtown Marina I think, where they had a problem with monkeys. Now I know that your thinking the same thing I did when I first heard of it but these are real monkeys. It seem there was some sort of zoo there several years back and a storm (hurricane?) went through and tore it up pretty good allowing the monkeys to escape and now there is a breeding population in the area. These little guys seem to cause quite a bit of trouble stealing food, shinney objects and generaly causing trouble.
Maybe that would account for the thievery.

I`m glad that you had a good time down there. I know that I always do. It`s good to get out of here for a few days in the winter and just sit at a table by the water and have a couple of drinks......AND WATCH THE HOT BOD CONTEST!!!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Not sure what marina he keeps it at right now. I know he just finished putting a new engine in and he's trying to sell it.

Here's a link; http://www.cmi-yacht.com/
Old 09-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Registered

Fort Lauderdale is an excellent place to live, Go to the Bahia Cabana for Happy Hour, they have a 20+ person hot tub, the water taxi picks up there also, take the taxi to riverfront and have dinner at Hooters. Also check our Beach place the views are great.
Nightlife is abundent, depends on what your looking for, from Bible study to Swing Clubs we got em all

Quick Reply: Ft. Lauderdale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.