Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anybody Running V10 Ilmor Viper Motors? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/111457-anybody-running-v10-ilmor-viper-motors.html)

Steet 06-24-2009 05:45 AM

And what a beautiful power plant it is. Thanks for all the Ilmors hard work, they now have the drive to go with it.
Next boat = new 725's with new drive package

ILMORdude 06-24-2009 09:49 PM

Thanks!! Alot of people have worked hard getting the Ilmor name out there in the boating community

Tommy188 06-24-2015 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by ILMORdude (Post 2896364)
Thanks!! Alot of people have worked hard getting the Ilmor name out there in the boating community

Hi Ilmordude,

2 week ago i bought an ilmor 625 from 2008 to swap in my Nordic 28 Heat. The pre owner had water in the engine when slowing down, his exhaust was to close to the water ( and engine to low in boat ) he says...

That guy got money from his insurance and changed to an other engine, dealer repaired the engine ( New cilinder, pistons, .... ) and i went for a testdrive.
Everything went well the first 5 hours ( low speeds ). After some hours driving i tried to speed up and went full throttle, then my engine broke, blue smoke coming out of 1 side of the engine and a noise, i slowed down and stopped.
Oil was coming out of my airfilter, i tried to start to check if engine is not blocked but did nothing...

Anyone had this same problem ? Engine was build new, i bought it from dealer but he didnt give any warranty because its a race engine.

Thanks

SB 06-24-2015 10:39 AM

Sounds like a piston (or two or .....) broke.

That sucks !

So, the 'dealer' 'repaired' the engine ? Or did they have it rebuilt at Ilmore ?

ILMORdude 06-24-2015 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy188 (Post 4321952)
Hi Ilmordude,

2 week ago i bought an ilmor 625 from 2008 to swap in my Nordic 28 Heat. The pre owner had water in the engine when slowing down, his exhaust was to close to the water ( and engine to low in boat ) he says...

That guy got money from his insurance and changed to an other engine, dealer repaired the engine ( New cilinder, pistons, .... ) and i went for a testdrive.
Everything went well the first 5 hours ( low speeds ). After some hours driving i tried to speed up and went full throttle, then my engine broke, blue smoke coming out of 1 side of the engine and a noise, i slowed down and stopped.
Oil was coming out of my airfilter, i tried to start to check if engine is not blocked but did nothing...

Anyone had this same problem ? Engine was build new, i bought it from dealer but he didnt give any warranty because its a race engine.

Thanks

Shoot me an email [email protected]