Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Opinions? Best boat line from 25-40'v for the money?? >

Opinions? Best boat line from 25-40'v for the money??

Notices

Opinions? Best boat line from 25-40'v for the money??

Old 09-08-2005, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Opinions? Best boat line from 25-40'v for the money??

I would check out Profile, they always get good reviews and they have been around awhile.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by gofastwannabe
I would check out Profile, they always get good reviews and they have been around awhile.
Profile used to be sold by someone on the west side of the lake, on Route 5. Not sure if they are still there or not. The ones I checked out a few years ago had very poor fit and finish, and it was the same boat that the magazines had a good write up on. very disappointing.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:26 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Profile used to be sold by someone on the west side of the lake, on Route 5. Not sure if they are still there or not. The ones I checked out a few years ago had very poor fit and finish, and it was the same boat that the magazines had a good write up on. very disappointing.

i think it is BJ Marine.... not the best quality....
Old 09-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Registered

I had a friend with a 29' Profile he bought new in 1994. Within 1 year of LOTO driving it rattled, creaked, and generally sounded like you were riding in an open box of tools. The headliner fell down, the hatch lift broke from the hatch cover (holes enlarged). Going down the lake you could watch the deck flex with every decent wave. The door to the cabin broke and would no longer stay in the open position. All of this happened in the first two years. Unless they have made a drastic change in quality, I wouldn't recommend Profile.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:54 PM
Registered

Boats Unlimited is now the Profile dealer at LOTO.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:11 AM
Registered

been in this business for a long time!!!! when you break it I fix it ect...
have driven most boats out there thats why I can say what I do ..... as for Fountain and cant see why people buy them the only thing I can say is drive one nothing comes close, will you pay yes you will but you get one hell of a hull !!!! does Active have a good boat no they do not they have a GREAT boat for the money no ifs about it the best all around boat...
and cigarette the fit and finish nothing and i mean nothing comes close !!!!!
formula is a nice boat but is production line boat the others are all built one up at a time cant compare
Old 09-09-2005, 12:30 AM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Good value for a good price? I may be partial because I own one but take a look a Kachina. He has absolutely no dealers. They are all custom ordered and sold here at the factory. His prices are excellent. Gel work is outstanding, you can get as many colors as you want for the price. Upolstery is also excellent, as many colors or designs as you want for the same price. He's been in business since the 60's so that's gotta say something. Rigging? That's average, it's definantly not a Cig, but you can get a 34 with 600 sc's for under 200k. That's unheard of. The one in Powerboat that did 110 with big Teague motors was right around 200k. Can anybody else touch that price?
http://www.kachinaboats.com/index.html
Attached Thumbnails Opinions? Best boat line from 25-40'v for the money??-p-924.jpg  

Last edited by Outdrive1; 09-09-2005 at 12:33 AM.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by GOODT
been in this business for a long time!!!! when you break it I fix it ect...
have driven most boats out there thats why I can say what I do ..... as for Fountain and cant see why people buy them the only thing I can say is drive one nothing comes close, will you pay yes you will but you get one hell of a hull !!!! does Active have a good boat no they do not they have a GREAT boat for the money no ifs about it the best all around boat...
and cigarette the fit and finish nothing and i mean nothing comes close !!!!!
formula is a nice boat but is production line boat the others are all built one up at a time cant compare
I vote Cig number one in eye candy. But not in fit and finish. They have their ups and downs in that category. I would agree they are on an up right now, but I would not agree that they have consistently delivered great fit and finish. They have always made a great hull for the rough stuff that you can count on.

Last edited by Mentalpause; 09-09-2005 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
formula dealer is glen cove, cigarette would allow a decent deal but are way too expensive, and I believe nortech is a better boat and alot less money. sunsation, lavey, chief, or adrenaline. Tried Venom just not quite the hull I thought it was, but they have redone the hull. right now i think the active thunder line is the only one available that fits the needs of loto, they make a solid 28 and 33. If anyone can think of what line is better for the money let me know thanks wiggler

Here is Pats cell-A.T., if you can get a hold of him 954-658-4972. Excellent boat for the money. Not by far the best fit and finish, but the price is damn cheap, but this has now improved in 2005 when the boat was gone over when the Chief line came somewhat into play. Fit and finish is much better, A totally different boat vs the one I use to own..Radio Active. The bottom DDC hull is excellent, great rough water ride. No camparision vs my single step 38 Top gun (POS) in the ride dept. Good luck Jim.

Last edited by Jassman; 12-22-2005 at 06:57 AM.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steve_H
average weekend at loto.

show them a pic of the rough stuff not that flat water Tuesday morining traffic

Quick Reply: Opinions? Best boat line from 25-40'v for the money??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.