Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   2005 Key West Worlds (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/111858-2005-key-west-worlds.html)

Love Machine 09-07-2005 08:33 AM

2005 Key West Worlds

My wife is taking me to the worlds for my birthday. We arrive the 18th and leave the 20th. I've been by boat before, but never by land. A few questions for the Key West veterans.

- Who's going?
- Where can I rent a scooter?
- Will there be scooter races?
- I'm staying at the Hampton Inn which is no where near the action. Anybody have a line on something that's closer to Duval and is reasonable?
- I've watched the races from the Hyatt bulkhead. Where are other good places to watch up close and personal?
- Where's the OSO party??????
- Any other tips (besides drink a lot and have a blast)?

Thanks,
Bill

BLee 09-07-2005 08:43 AM

Re: 2005 Key West Worlds

Originally Posted by Love Machine
My wife is taking me to the worlds for my birthday. We arrive the 18th and leave the 20th. I've been by boat before, but never by land. A few questions for the Key West veterans.

- Who's going?
- Where can I rent a scooter?
- Will there be scooter races?
- I'm staying at the Hampton Inn which is no where near the action. Anybody have a line on something that's closer to Duval and is reasonable?
- I've watched the races from the Hyatt bulkhead. Where are other good places to watch up close and personal?
- Where's the OSO party??????
- Any other tips (besides drink a lot and have a blast)?

Thanks,
Bill

1. Damn near everyone.
2. Anywhere
3. Probably
4. Crown Plaza La Concha on Duval
5. Along the seawall is good
6. Hasn't been planned yet.
7. Nope! :drink:

FountainCS 09-07-2005 09:04 AM

What he said.

docmanrich37 09-07-2005 01:50 PM

Jen and I will be there from the 14-21 at the hilton.give us a call so we can hook up in key west.540-400-5536 nextel.

Ted G 09-07-2005 01:59 PM

Hmmm, I might know someone going :drink: :drink: :evilb:

Ms PatriYacht 09-07-2005 02:02 PM

this thread made me remember to book my airline reservations Thankfully I was able to get two direct flights to Miami on the 14th-21st using frequent flyer miles:D I can't wait :drink: Do we want to do tee shirts again????

Sunrise Girl 09-07-2005 02:12 PM

Wigginout and I may not be able to make it after all. :( Between work and other projects going on, we're shooting for Miami Boat Show now.

Ms PatriYacht 09-07-2005 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs Wigginout
Wigginout and I may not be able to make it after all. :( Between work and other projects going on, we're shooting for Miami Boat Show now.

That is extremely depressing news :( alot of us are going to miss you, and you had that cool suite booked and everything, what about your friends?

Sunrise Girl 09-07-2005 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
That is extremely depressing news :( alot of us are going to miss you, and you had that cool suite booked and everything, what about your friends?

That's another factor...looks like we may be the only ones from Lake Murray going to the races. :( The rest of the group are making plans to attend the Miami Boat Show. We'll see...we haven't completely ruled out KW just yet.

Racegirl3 09-07-2005 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs Wigginout

:eek: :eek: :eek:

But we had plans to make RA nuts!! I hope you get to go. Id hate to have to wait til the winter get together :(