Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   42 revolution porpoising (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/112039-42-revolution-porpoising.html)

johnnyboatman 09-10-2005 07:26 PM

Re: 42 revolution porpoising

ex40, we were in a 31 warlock cat, white purple yelow. we were the 9th or 10 to catfishbay

375stinger 09-11-2005 03:22 PM

rws: yeah that was us tryin to get the boat runing(thanks for the compliment), what boat were you in?
we are running 25 p outside hydromotives and a 26 pitch center engine hydro. we believe the props are not enough pitch but could that cause porpoising? the boat has bravos and as far as i know and am almost positive came from the factory with bravos
also, i heard that the revolutions later came from the factory with 6 gas tanks(ours only has 4) is this true and could this have helped the porpoising?

rws 09-11-2005 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We were in the Black & White 20' Cig.Here is a picture.My buddy Pete has some knowledge of Revolutions, I will ask him about the porpoising when He gets back in the Country.

birdog 09-11-2005 04:06 PM

I have pics of you from this weekend...Sweet Revo !!!

Call Tres Martin about the "Hop"

375stinger 09-11-2005 04:25 PM

rws: i havent been on oso in awhile and cant see ur pics but, im gone renew my membership today , we saw you all when we were first heading out of jamestown, nice looking old school cig :cool:
birdog: thanks, just wondering could you please post some pics if you could, cause its just my dad and I always on the boat so we can't really take any pics in the water, also having only two peopel comes a real problem when u try to park with three engines that barely idle at 1300 at barely under 10 mph :rolleyes:

birdog 09-11-2005 04:28 PM

I'll get them posted for you....Just takes me awhile :D
Bill did a great job on your graphics !

375stinger 09-11-2005 06:48 PM

the graphics bill casson (sign4boat) put on the cig look phenominal. from the cig oval that looks jsut like one from the factory to the name and cig scripts and even the decals we used to cover where the panel was screwd up. it all looks identical to paint on if not better, we used them cause we didnt ahve tiem to paint but now we will definately keep using his graphics.
also i was thnking could the nose cones we added to the drives be exaggerating the effect of trimming the drives? because of the pointed end being longer and sticking out could it cause to raise the bow up more? also, is there a different type of prop maybe better suited for this boat? maybe a type with less bow lift? i no there are rake and cleaver props and have different purposes. im not very familiar with the types but i know that the props on the boat dont look cupped but more like a blade

375stinger 09-12-2005 05:26 PM

does anyone know of any people on oso who worked at cigarette or owned revolutions or know about them that could help me with this problem?

birdog 09-12-2005 05:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 375stinger
does anyone know of any people on oso who worked at cigarette or owned revolutions or know about them that could help me with this problem?

Scott Smith...Craig Barrie...Or...Call Tres Martin..

375stinger 09-12-2005 05:58 PM

thanks birdog, and thanks also for the pic :drink: