Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Engine Hatch.....coming off or what? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/112104-engine-hatch-coming-off-what.html)

Sean H 09-10-2005 11:58 PM

Re: Engine Hatch.....coming off or what?

i think the pic is real.... i have seen other scope pics that look the same...

PhantomChaos 09-11-2005 02:17 AM

Good grief...........it's a real pic!!!!!

PhantomChaos 09-11-2005 02:18 AM

Check the SCOPE site (www.SCOPEinfo.com) on Sunday night,...............

Lmarth 09-11-2005 06:35 AM

Hey Strip-It's probably best not to talk about the bottom of Rueckwalds 42 OL with the 1500 Sterlings. Remember, the one with the holes in the bottom to introduce air under the hull? I guess some things are best left unsaid. OL does some neat stuff. I'm not sure this hatch was one of them. Maybe the guy that made that switch panel we saw in another thread installed this hatch??

offshoredrillin 09-11-2005 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Yeah....maybe there is something going on there. There are some flapper things on the back too......not sure what those are......plus this is a different picture and the hatch looks like it is "popped" up the same height?

the lil hatches in the back are to allow pressure out at speed, McManus has flaps on the back of his 42 to do the same, they are remote though. I have seen in nascar and other places where you can raise deck lids with a remote to promote downforce, I'm sure you can do the same with a hatch with the proper mechanism.

GOODT 09-11-2005 08:56 AM

WILD PAINT hell with the hatch

Strip Poker 388 09-12-2005 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Lmarth
Hey Strip-It's probably best not to talk about the bottom of Rueckwalds 42 OL with the 1500 Sterlings. Remember, the one with the holes in the bottom to introduce air under the hull? I guess some things are best left unsaid. OL does some neat stuff. I'm not sure this hatch was one of them. Maybe the guy that made that switch panel we saw in another thread installed this hatch??

I wonder where the air intakes are?No hood scoops

It looks like the hinges are sprung?The hood on my race car bulged up on the other end positive pressure in in there
:D

PhantomChaos 09-12-2005 03:14 PM

If it's not by design......then that sucks since every poker run pic of that boat running has the hatch up. :eek: :eek: :p :D

Sean H 09-12-2005 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
I wonder where the air intakes are?No hood scoops

no hood scoops because it doesn't have a hood.... :D :drink:

but it has intakes on the side.... (look for the black part on the paint job...... :D )

dockrocker 09-12-2005 03:26 PM

Nice to see everyone wearing jackets in that pic!