Hardy Dam Hot Boat Weekend >

Hardy Dam Hot Boat Weekend

Notices

Hardy Dam Hot Boat Weekend

Old 09-12-2005, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Hardy Dam Hot Boat Weekend

First time there and I will be there every year from now on! What a great time. Running that river is an absolute blast!

Hung out on the sandbar for a couple hours before hitting the cove and this thing pulled up. He said it would run 150 mph. He did a couple 130 mph runs and all I can say is holy chit!!!
Attached Thumbnails Hardy Dam Hot Boat Weekend-150mph-boat-1.jpg   Hardy Dam Hot Boat Weekend-150mph-boat-2.jpg   Hardy Dam Hot Boat Weekend-150mph-boat-3.jpg  

Old 09-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a great time up there as always!! It was good seeing a decent turn out of OSOers and as usual there is never enough time to BS with everyone. Hope the rumor of the accident is false.

Craig
Old 09-12-2005, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitey
Oh yeah I forgot I had my first ride in a cat. Wow that is not what I thought it would be like. Those cats ride great!!!
Thanks Mike for the ride..
Dwight
Dwight,
Hope you enjoyed the ride. Now that you have ridden in a cat, you will not want to get back in your Vee...lol.
I had a great weekend until I started to lose oil pressure Saturday afternoon. Cat-n-around let me tag along in his gorgeous blue flamed eliminator, so I still ended up having a great weekend.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Outlaw 24

We had a great time on Friday and Saturday. It is to bad that Max Velocity had engine trouble or it would have been a perfect weekend. It was nice talking with Dwight as well as KAAMA. Did anyone stay and boat on Sunday? How many people usually stay?

Old 09-12-2005, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Next year no other plans!!!! I was in the cove at 10 and left at 12:30 to see the sand bar, then it was time to go....not next year though. Thanks Cat....that was a beauty but I think the fender boat may take it....for about 5ft, it does jump out of the water but runs out of steam at 55.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

Had a great time up there. Saw allot of OSO'ers boats, now I can put boats with names. Baron it appeared that you were the gateway to the Cove, Wette Vettes' boat was beached at Brower when I launched, that blue Eliminator was pretty trick, KAAMA's boat sounds healthy as all get out, every time I turned around he was flying by. You must have went through a ton of gas. Yeah I saw that 39' Velocity, heard it 5 minutes before I saw it!! all white sharp boat.

Usually Party on the Pond is the last time I use the boat for the year something expensive always breaks. This year the only injury to White Knuckle was the starboard prop and my wallet.

Jason
Old 09-12-2005, 04:44 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like everyone had a great time..
I have been looking for info on any accident, but at this point no news.. I am hoping it was just a rumor. Saturday was the 10yr anniversary of my accident up there on the Pond. It can be a brutal place at times. My accident was a hardware failure and I and my passenger are very fortunate to still be here.

see you all there again next year..

Dick
Old 09-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
KAAMA's boat sounds healthy as all get out, every time I turned around he was flying by. You must have went through a ton of gas. Yeah I saw that 39' Velocity, heard it 5 minutes before I saw it!! all white sharp boat.

Usually Party on the Pond is the last time I use the boat for the year something expensive always breaks. This year the only injury to White Knuckle was the starboard prop and my wallet. Jason
Jason, glad you walked up and introduced yourself. You have that old Scarab looking, and sounding good! There must have been about a dozen people who made it a point to come up and tell me how good my old hog sounded---or at least how loud it was. I had some little foam type ear plugs in, but took them out while I was talking to my crew during an idling period in a no wake zone, and then misplaced them, so my ears were ringing at the end of the day. Ditto on that 39' Velocity---he was extremely loud as well---and QUICK! Yeah, I went through/burnt a little bit of fuel.

We rafted off with a few other boats for a while just outside the entrance to the cove later in the day and I made some of my deli Italian roast beef sandwiches for my crew, and a few others. We stayed there until we felt it was time to go---'bout an hour or so before sundown. Where did you ding your prop---hit a deadhead/stump? Where did it happen?

Did anyone ever see that little 22' Baja with the 1100hp engine that does something like 109mph? He and Tom Earhart were suppose to shoot it out---was just curious.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was out Saturday evening doing a little running and I saw the Baja go by. He had a boat load of people on board and didn't appear to be looking for a race. I did run against the 39 Velocity. That was quite a rush running side by side with something that big and fast!! I heard Tom Earhart was running great, but fortunately for me our paths never crossed. How fast is Severe Turblence? He surprised me when we ran them Saturday evening.

Craig
Old 09-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by WETTE VETTE
How fast is Severe Turblence? He surprised me when we ran them Saturday evening. Craig
Not exactly sure Craig, but I gotta tell ya; "That boy-----I...I say, that boy is ouwffly durned fast now ain't he son???"

You stay away from those Active Thunders son,....they're dangerous!

Quick Reply: Hardy Dam Hot Boat Weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.