Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Differences between 24 Superboat and Pantera Sport 24 Hulls? >

Differences between 24 Superboat and Pantera Sport 24 Hulls?

Notices

Differences between 24 Superboat and Pantera Sport 24 Hulls?

Old 08-20-2005, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Differences between 24 Superboat and Pantera Sport 24 Hulls?

If I sell my boat I am looking at getting a 24 Superboat or a Pantera Sport 24. I know both are great boats. But in the pics I have seen the Pantera seems to have a longer bow and smaller cockpit area than the Superboat. Or is it just camera angles?

Thanks

Last edited by onesickpantera; 08-20-2005 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Differences between 24 Superboat and Pantera Sport 24 Hulls?

Originally Posted by noboat
If I sell my boat I am looking at getting a 24 Superboat or a Pantera Sport 24. I know both are great boats. But in the pics I have seen the Pantera seems to have a longer bow and smaller cockpit area than the Superboat. Or is it just camera angles?

Thanks
I think they are both knockoffs of the 24 Cigarette
Old 08-20-2005, 07:22 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
I think they are both knockoffs of the 24 Cigarette
I think they're from a magnum.
I won't comment cuz I'm biased.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:54 PM
Registered

Storm, don't worry about being biased. It just looks like the cockpit is larger and the bow shorter on the SB and the cockpit smaller and the bow is longer on the pantera. Neither is good or bad IMO I'm just wondering if that is the case.
Attached Thumbnails Differences between 24 Superboat and Pantera Sport 24 Hulls?-superboat-pantera.jpg  

Last edited by onesickpantera; 08-20-2005 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 24' Cigarette has am 8' beam, the Superboat and Pantera have a 7' beam. Both look a lot like variants of the 24' Excalibur. I haven't spent any time in the Superboat, but I've spent a lot of time in an old 24' Pantera. I can tell you this much, the Pantera handles the rough very, very well....even with 600+ hp pushing it along. You need 380 K-planes or comparable tabs to get the most out of it. With 280's it tends to fly the bow a bit more than I like. It's built like a tank and gives you a lot of bang for the buck. Most guys that I talk to seem to think the Superboat is a bit lighter overall and that takes a bit of the rough water handling away. Haven't driven one myself so take it all as 3rd hand knowledge at best.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Re: Differences between 24 Superboat and Pantera Sport 24 Hulls?

I was partners in a Pantera around 1980. The 24' Pantera had a 454 330 HP engine that was mated to an Alpha drive.
Top speed 64 mph.

My comments...my dumbazz brother ordered the boat with a stupid engine and drive package. It did however run great and felt like a bigger boat as it cut through 3' chop very well.

I also drove a Superboat 24'er and feel the Pantera has the edge...but a small one.

If I were to buy a Pantera 24'er today I would see if Joe could put in a single HP-525...I an not a fan of the 496's...
Old 08-20-2005, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think CQ is correct. I am not absolutly sure, but I think many of the 24x 7 ft boats were knock offs of the basic Exalibur design. Superboat, Pantera, Sunsation (Rocket and Agressor), Prowler, Martini, Profile, and others. The basic hull design was classic, and remains classic. The variations were in construction and the deck really changed the overall appearance of the total boat as shown in the pictures.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:32 PM
Registered

Okay maybe I should be asking what the differences are in the deck.

To me the SB looks like the bow is shorter and cockpit larger(top boat). And the Pantera seems to have a smaller cockpit but longer bow.(bottom boat).
Attached Thumbnails Differences between 24 Superboat and Pantera Sport 24 Hulls?-superboat-pantera.jpg  
Old 08-20-2005, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a customers 24 python at my shop for sale. It is the same design. The boat is a 98 w/a 454 mpi and a bravo. Some of the pythons were hit and miss in quality but this one is pretty solid. Let me know if you want pictures. Can be probably be bought with trailer for mid to upper twenties.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure of the length of the cockpit differences, but if someone could measure a Superboat, I will give you the measurement of my Pantera 24 Sport, Heck, i will be in there tomorrow repairing the cockpit liner anyway(not a quality issue, just a few previous owner placed holes I dont like).

The others were correct in saying that it IS NOT a copy of a 24 cig, that did have an 8'beam, it is more like the excalibur. As far as build quality, they are both built well, I also believe the Pantera to be a bit more solid, but then I have never even seen a 24 Superboat, just what I hear, and that explains the Pantera being slightly heavier(but mine has a light layup, superlight interior, and a lightweight single outboard ).

If you go new, both Pepe(Pantera), and John(Superboat) will setup the interior any way you like, on the raceboat, we have sitdowns, set back to accomodate the Big Guy(ScottyB), but mine has a 3-man standup with center steer .

You cant go wrong with either one.

Rick

Quick Reply: Differences between 24 Superboat and Pantera Sport 24 Hulls?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.