Notices

Need OSO help

Old 09-13-2005, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need OSO help

need help from all of OSO, we have a task force that is set up to find new ways of making our lake safer which in turn will effect the whole state,
the people on the task force DO NOT have the same outlook as we do ,in short they want to ban us from the water or give us size,hp limits,and speed limits.
but i have volunteered to help 2 members of the task force to find info on lakes or other body's of water that have speed limits and noise restriction's (better me than some blue hair):
if any one that boats on a body of water that has a speed limit or noise restriction what is it and how do they enforce it ?
plus did it really help with safety? as far as reducing accidents or fatalities,
Thank's
Will
Old 09-13-2005, 09:04 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need OSO help

Problem is , a lot of blue hairs and tree huggers perceive us as a noisey hazard. Let one accident happen involving a "Cigarette" boat and that's all you here about. Winnipesaukee is involved in the same thing right now. Seems as though a number of blue hairs decided they liked the lake better in the 50's. Noise restrictions aren't working good enough , so they are going for speed restrictions to discourage us using the lake.
Most ironic part is , their last fatal accident involved 30 something Baja that ran over the back of a 20' Wellcraft ( at night) and took out a passenger in the back seat...SPEED WAS NOT A FACTOR.
Drinking was suspected but never proven because the driver disappeared into the night and put the boat away in a boathouse till the next day and THEN turned himself in after hearing it on the news saying he thought he hit a marker ......................yeah , right
Old 09-13-2005, 09:36 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

http://www.chron.com/content/archive...view=1&dview=1

I cant find the legislation wording, but they imposed a minimum planing speed limit after dark.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:38 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

mwdill, You are more than welcome to come on over to the bay.....don't forget the Mrs......leave docmanrich there (with his pontoon boat)

Just kiddin' Rich......you know my wife loves ya!!
Old 09-13-2005, 10:25 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Found the Lake Conroe Regulations http://www.sjra.net/Rules_Regs_PDF.pdf

Page 8 section A.13

It is my understanding that this limit is being opposed on a statewide level. However the San Jacinto River authority has the power to impose them within it's area.

IMO it has made the Lake safer and it is a regulation that is reasonable, as are most of their rules.

Last edited by Wobble; 09-13-2005 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:30 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by mwdill
need help from all of OSO, we have a task force that is set up to find new ways of making our lake safer which in turn will effect the whole state,
the people on the task force DO NOT have the same outlook as we do ,in short they want to ban us from the water or give us size,hp limits,and speed limits.
but i have volunteered to help 2 members of the task force to find info on lakes or other body's of water that have speed limits and noise restriction's (better me than some blue hair):
if any one that boats on a body of water that has a speed limit or noise restriction what is it and how do they enforce it ?
plus did it really help with safety? as far as reducing accidents or fatalities,
Thank's
Will
LOTO has a speed limit after sunset of 30 MPH and a noise restriction of the j-2005 standards.

the night speed limit i am sure has reduced accidents, but i don't know about the noise...