If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Gold Member Gold Member SLIP AWAY's Avatar
    New Rochelle, NY

Scarab Sport Advice

Hello All!

Need your input on the 302 Scarab Sport, 1995, 96 or 97, also want to know what outboards to consider and stay away from. I want to replace my 30 foot cruiser with something with a little more speed, I always liked the looks of the Scarab Sport and it's in my 30K to 40K price range. I live and boat on the Long Island Sound in the Westchester area and my basic weekend is spent blasting around the sound, rafting up or visiting some of the local dock and dines. All and any input will be appreciated, thanks in advance!

My Boats:
    30 motion ob
    chesapeake bay md

Re: Scarab Sport Advice

Bill I am not sure what motors you should pick Maybe merc or Yamaha's, research service in your area. A friend of mine bought a 96 with twin 225 Johnson's and it will run 58mph top speed and is a very nice boat. Good luck

Re: Scarab Sport Advice

The only negative iv seen on them is they don't have a self bailing cockpit, everthing gets drained through the bilge pump, and thats a big cockpit on that boat.
    So if your a big offshore fisher you may want to think about that, if you should ever run into heavy seas while your out, or get caught in a heavy downpour, basically a tub with a very small drain
    As for motors Johnsons are great motors, of course stay away from Evinrude FICHT's if there's still any out there,
    good luck.