Hardy Dam Hot Boat Weekend >

Hardy Dam Hot Boat Weekend

Notices

Old 09-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Man What A Great Weekend Full Of Hot Boats & Sun.
Saw Many Old Friends And Meet Some New Ones. Here Is A Quick List Of Some Oso Members We Saw And Meet. Articfriends, Kamma, Whitley, Mr Gadgets, Jimv, Check300, Wette Vette, Rookie,tinkerer, I Think We Saw Mitch S. Man What A Great Turn Out. Anyone Have Pic's To Post I Forgot My Camera.
Todd
Old 09-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hardy Dam Hot Boat Weekend

Forgot the camera.. thats just not right I would have showed up but i didn't want to show up you big block boys I would have liked to go but I wasn't in the mood. the boat sat out by the road for sale all weekend.

So who has some pics?
Old 09-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Registered

Yup, I was there but had to leave at 3 for my brothers 40th, that and a death were the only excuses. I saw KAAMA and BJ but did not stay in one spot long, went up to the sand bar and under the bridge until the depth was 2ft and then turned around. I was at the cove in the morning with my dogs, they had a blast running up and down the big hill. Saw some really nice boats, some crazy drag boats with 1ft of freeboard, come crazy hydroplanes and some great offshore Vs and cats. That Eliminator, the blue flame one, had to have been the fastest, that was a piece of work, really clean and solid. The clown one blew by me going up the river, I thought I had him at 50 but he passed at about 80 so Ithink he won. I wish I could have stayed, I did have fun while there. The girls were earning their beads at 10:30
Old 09-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Registered

It was a great weekend..So who was the fastest this weekend?
When I got up Sunday morning I believe Tom E. was out running his turbo Eliminator up and down the river at Brower. Love the sound of the turbines spooling up
Good to talk to ya Todd. How was the party Saturday?
Dwight
Old 09-11-2005, 08:30 PM
Registered

Oh yeah I forgot I had my first ride in a cat. Wow that is not what I thought it would be like. Those cats ride great!!!
Thanks Mike for the ride..
Dwight
Old 09-11-2005, 10:15 PM
Registered

does any one know anything about a boat crashing into a pontoon up on hardy? I was not there but heard about it and was wondering if anyone knew any details. it's said that 3 people got killed. can't wait for next year.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:38 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by youngqueencole
does any one know anything about a boat crashing into a pontoon up on hardy? I was not there but heard about it and was wondering if anyone knew any details. it's said that 3 people got killed. can't wait for next year.
I haven't heard anything...so, I guess the best way to confirm the accident, and know for sure is news reports on the TV or radio or something.

Anyway, I was up there on Saturday with my hog. I arrived there at about 9:30am and there was a very small waiting line for the Brower Park boat launch ramp. Saw many people that I knew, and met several for the first time. The Hot Boat weekend event seems to grow more, and more each year. The cove that everyone congregates at was filling up quickly by noon. My cousin with his 32' Baja quickly nestled into a nice spot with other boats in the cove area. That was the last time I saw him. I had some people I had to meet up with some people back at Brower Park "Tinkerer"/Steve and his wife to come aboard, and another friend with his 32' Active Thunder called "Severe Turbulance" with a pair of 557cid, 810hp supercharged engines.

I was able to speak with "Articfriends"/Smitty who had his boat running well and I ran into "WetteVette"/Craig several times at Brower Park but didn't get to see his boat run----boats were everywhere! I returned to the cove a few times during the day...each time more boats were parked, and packed in....my cousin's boat was burried somewhere in the mess and I could no longer see him or even attempt to get anywhere near him.

Anyway, just before I put the boat on the trailer at the end of the day I got a really bad spanking by an all white 106mph 39' Velocity with a pair of 950hp supercharged, Sterling engines. I think the guy said he and the boat were from Modern Marine out of Schoolcraft/Kalamazoo area. As far as the weather goes it was a hot, gorgeous, sunny day---my boat/engines ran well, and had an awesome time. More later...

Last edited by KAAMA; 09-12-2005 at 12:41 AM.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:49 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, it was a great time up there. I met a lot of nice people and did get some serious water time, that I needed from not having my boat running this year. I want to thank Jim Valako for the rides!! It was a treat to feel 90mph at will!!
What a great deal of eye candy!! A lot of good looking and running boats. I hope next year my stuff will be running..

I was told second-third hand that at about 10:30pm some talk on the scanner about an accident. I didnt see anything on the news, and I hope it isnt true. If anyone one knows anything let us know.. It was a beautiful day and I hope is was not marred by any mishaps.

Mark, thanks for the sandwiches mid day... great food!!

Dick
Old 09-12-2005, 05:51 AM
Registered

Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts

Hope theres no truth to the accident, but, best wishes if it did happen. Anyone see Earhart run??
Old 09-12-2005, 07:32 AM
Registered

First time at Hardy and had a great time. I will definitely be going back. Just wish I would of got to the cove a little earlier, came home with a lot of beads.
Thanks again Wette Vette (Craig).

Thanks (MitchStellin) thats was my Eliminator.

Quick Reply: Hardy Dam Hot Boat Weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.