Notices

Arizona Boaters

Old 09-14-2005, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Arizona Boaters

Originally Posted by dank368
Jason, good luck with the registration, you can probably do it on-line??
re post of above http://www.gf.state.az.us/outdoor_re.../boating.shtml
Old 09-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
I have an office in Scottsdale. I was curious if I had to be a resident to register a boat there, in AZ. Can you make the transaction via mail?
Where will you be boating? If it's in Arizona...cool. But if you have AZ tags and boat mostly in Kansas, sooner or later you'll get caught. Not trying to be a dick, just wondering how often the boat cops in Kansas might see you with AZ tags?
Old 09-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by LakeRacer
Where will you be boating? If it's in Arizona...cool. But if you have AZ tags and boat mostly in Kansas, sooner or later you'll get caught. Not trying to be a dick, just wondering how often the boat cops in Kansas might see you with AZ tags?
Art,
That's exactly why I didn't register my Nordic in AZ last year, right after I bought from a guy in LA who had it registered in AZ himself! Plus I don't think the bank was going to dig the fact that my boat lives in Merritt Island Fl. but the registration was from AZ!
How's everything in the desert?
Dean
Old 09-14-2005, 06:49 PM
Charter Member

Jason, Here are the fees according to the website link that was provided in this thread.

Registration Fees
Fees support boating programs in Arizona such as marine law enforcement, education and safety programs, and facilities. Following are the categories under which a boat may be registered, and the fees to be charged under those categories.

Watercraft Size Resident Fees Nonresident Fees
0 to 12 ft. $20 $100
12 ft. 1 in. to 16 ft. $22 $110
16 ft. 1 in to 20 ft. $30 $222
20 ft. 1 in to 26 ft. $35 $259
26 ft. 1 in to 39 ft. $39 $292
39 ft. 1 in to 64 ft. $44 $330
64 ft. 1 in and over $66 $495

I had mine boat coast guard documented the day I bought it and have not had to register it at the state level, and believe it or not I have never had any problems in AZ, NM, or CA.

BTW, I used the Mary Conlin Company, Inc (949) 723-5917 you can give them a call and get more information if you would like.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:47 PM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Art,
That's exactly why I didn't register my Nordic in AZ last year, right after I bought from a guy in LA who had it registered in AZ himself! Plus I don't think the bank was going to dig the fact that my boat lives in Merritt Island Fl. but the registration was from AZ!
How's everything in the desert?
Dean
Goin' good Dean. Right now the weather is changing and it is absolutely perfect boating weather.

I got my first issue of CFFW's newsletter. It looks good and very informative. Keep up the good fight.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:28 PM
Registered

tpmarine, did exactly as you, even used the same Mary Conlin Company. But the deal went bad in NV early this year. Seems they passed a law in 03 and had a major crack down on all documented boats. Many of us were busted and had to prove sales tax was paid in our home state. In my case they wanted $10,600 ! It was very difficult to get around this. When I finally got it over with, I had to pay $100, get NV numbers, but did not have to put them on the outside of the hull. Never had problems with documented boats in AZ or CA.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:22 PM
Charter Member

Originally Posted by burtandnancy
tpmarine, did exactly as you, even used the same Mary Conlin Company. But the deal went bad in NV early this year. Seems they passed a law in 03 and had a major crack down on all documented boats. Many of us were busted and had to prove sales tax was paid in our home state. In my case they wanted $10,600 ! It was very difficult to get around this. When I finally got it over with, I had to pay $100, get NV numbers, but did not have to put them on the outside of the hull. Never had problems with documented boats in AZ or CA.
Sorry to hear that. Do you happen to know what law was passed and what you were busted for? Just curious because when I documented my boat with the coast guard thru the Mary Conlin Company, I had to provide them with all the sales documentation that included what taxes were paid and to whom.