Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How much H.P. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/112598-how-much-h-p.html)

littledcsrodshop 09-17-2005 02:56 PM

How much H.P.

I am sitting in front of my computer while waiting on a guy to come pick up a boat that I don't think is going to show, so here you go. I have a 511 cu" BBc in my 28 Pantera It currently has twin turbos on it now. ( actualluy it did ) I have removed them in order to go with either an 8-71, or a procharger, or Vortech. The motor is a tall deck 511
4.250 stroke X 4.375 bore It has a good steal crank, Carillo rods, JE pistons, ceramic top rings-gapless second, It has been o-ringed and reciever grooved, It has a set of ported 990
heads, copper gaskets already.Dart single pane intake as of now. I am still alittle up in the air about the induction I want to use, (I wouldn't mind keeping the turbos in a way but they quite down the exhaust a little to much for me.) I like the power claims from the prochargers and vortechs, however I like the cost of the 8-71 a little better. Any one want to take a
comparision shot @ this ? also what kind of power should I expect with either of these setups especially the 8-71. I realize that I did't give any cam specs. However It will not really come into play because it will be changed acordingly. Also If anyone is interested in a complete twin turbo setup , twin carb setup , extremely large PFM intercoolers ( double the normal capacity ) Rayjay 301 e 10 turboes, Exhaust Ect.... Even the cam if someone wanted it. Send me a P.M. and we will talk. I have alot of pictures of these. Thanks Guys, Scott

cobra marty 09-17-2005 03:00 PM

Re: How much H.P.

Post the pictures!!

littledcsrodshop 09-17-2005 03:04 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few.

littledcsrodshop 09-17-2005 03:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
3 more

littledcsrodshop 09-17-2005 03:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
last 3

KNOT-RIGHT 09-17-2005 03:45 PM

Thats a hot Setup!

How much boost were you running?

littledcsrodshop 09-17-2005 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by caveman
Thats a hot Setup!

How much boost were you running?

I just recently bought the boat and to make a long story short I ran it one time , and was having what I thought originaly thought was a condensation problem due to low oil
temps , along with a cold charge from those intercoolers. However I have since found out it is a leaky head gasket problem. So I didn't want to run it much untill I found out if it was condensation or not and now I am glad I didn't. I bought the boat from an old man who had the boat for 15 years and hardly knew the differance between boost & power trim!

KNOT-RIGHT 09-17-2005 06:27 PM

I can appreciate the Idea of changing to a roots.
However That setup with the right components
which sounds like you have is far superior.
Run some good Cometic head gaskets and
Reassemble it I think you will be happy.
I dont know your capabilitys but if you reassemble
that correctly You will have A Strong setup.
Pressure check the intercoolers. Is the manifolds
and turbo housings water jacketed? if yes then have them
checked aswell.

From my view the old man who owned it for fifteen
years may have not known the basics but, someone
he knew did!

Good luck :drink:

Gerry

OldSchool 09-17-2005 06:59 PM

How about a pair of 588 quad rotors?? One to run and a backup. You can get a rotation going with rebuilds...and run like a raped ape!!! :eek:

:D :evilb: :drink: :evilb:

KNOT-RIGHT 09-18-2005 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by OldSchool
How about a pair of 588 quad rotors?? One to run and a backup. You can get a rotation going with rebuilds...and run like a raped ape!!! :eek:

:D :evilb: :drink: :evilb:

You still have the Sonny leonards?