If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Michelle May-Schmidt

Cool Stainless Marine Jumps Ship !!

For Immediate Release

Stainless Marine Jumps Ship
    Turmel & McComb to move up to Super Vee for 2002 Season

Fort Lauderdale, FL - - For more years than anyone can remember, the Stainless Marine Offshore Race Team was most widely recognized for being black, wearing black, and even more, for carrying the black and white, checkered flag, that is. This year, however, Rick Turmel and Bill McComb, will jump ship and don the colors of yellow and blue as they head out on the 2002 APBA Offshore Pro Series Tour.

The team, who most recently picked up the 2001 APBA Offshore World Champions hip title in the Super Vee Light Class, will be steering a different course, this time, in a 38’ Fountain built by Skater. The sleek beauty, formerly known as Jawana/Dramamine and Pier 57, will sport the title sponsors, Stainless Marine and Pier 57 and will bring longtime supporter Doller Offshore Marine along for the ride.

The race boat, entirely re-rigged by Turmel, of Competitive EDGE Marine , will boast two Ken Fluke Performance Super Vee Motors. Turmel, throttleman for the team from Tamarac, Florida, will also retain the position of Crew Chief, while Mc Comb, from Sarasota, Florida, will remain as the driver.

“Bill and I make a winning team. Whether we have competed together or individually, we have taken victory in every class we have competed in. We felt it was time to step up to the fastest class and show what we can do there,” said Turmel.

For more information on the new Stainless Marine Team, contact Over The Edge Motorsports Marketing Tel/Fax: 954-796-9226 email: [email protected]

# # #

Boynton Beach FL

Super Vee class will never be the same! Look forward to seeing them out front! Ken Fluke is also building some new power for a 40 foot Motion running in Super Cat.

VIP Member VIP Member
    My Boats:
    38' Powerplay
    Charlestown, IN

Rick & Bill,
    I know you guys will be right up front from the start. I look forward seeing you guys run in the new class!!!! Good luck with the move!!!

P.S.-Rick, where is my poster?

good luck RICKY

Platinum Member Platinum Member Reindl Powerboats's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Reindl 28 Vamp, Reindl One Design

We will look forward to watching the show!
    Chris Reindl

Charter Member#350 Charter Member
    Naples, Florida

I can not wait to see them racing again.

Oakland Park, FL. U.S.A.

Thumbs up

Thank you guys for your support,see you all in Daytona.