Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Miami Vice Certificate or Dash Plaque Question (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/112698-miami-vice-certificate-dash-plaque-question.html)

ferraristyle 09-19-2005 11:51 AM

Miami Vice Certificate or Dash Plaque Question

As many of you know I own one of the stunt boats used in Miami Vice and like most guys with smaller boats they always want a bigger boat.

So while I'm restoring my current boat I've decided to start looking for either one of the original KV's that was used in the series or one of the Miami Vice Edition Scarabs that were made.

Now for the questions. I know the show used either 4 or 5 of the KV's and I know where 3 of them are (2 are out of country, 1 in NY). I've also heard that there may be one in Baltimore but I'm not sure.

My first question is if there is any "identification plaque" or "certificate that shows them as being authentic. I have a badge and a certificfate for my boat. I've heard that there is some sort of badge that was in the show KV's. Anyone with any info on this? Perhaps a pic?

Second, does anyone know the production numbers on the MV Edition Scarabs that they made. I think it was a small number but I'm not exactly sure. Any help would be great.

Ted G 09-19-2005 12:28 PM

Re: Miami Vice Certificate or Dash Plaque Question

The last time I saw the Baltimore boat it was at Pleasure Cove marina on the Bodkin. It had a small plaque on the dash that said "Used in the TV show or something like that and was numbered like 3 of 7 or something like that. The thing that seemed to seal it as one of the real boats was screw holes at 2 places in the dash for camera mounts the owner left them unrepaired to sort of authenticate the boat. I have not seen or heard of it since about 1999 or 2000. There is a fairly nice one sort of for sale by Ray Curtis, it is not a movie boat, but has the same colors. It has been upgraded to 502's and Bravos and is a very nice boat, he owns Curtis Propellors in Marlow Heights. I saw your boat at EA on Saturday, didn't see anyone with it.

ferraristyle 09-19-2005 12:43 PM

Was probably out at the bars/pubs when you went by, next time stop in and say "hi". Can't miss me when I have all the neon turned on:)

Do you happen to know the guys name in Baltimore that owns the boat? I'd love to contact him and take a look at it. A guy at RedEyes said he new him but I can't remember what the guys name was. Maybe I'll tak a run upto the marina and see if it's still moored there....worth a quick check.

Same thing I heard about the plaque. I'll have to go and take a pic of mine, but mine just says "Miami Vice Wellcraft Scarab" then the HIN # and then "Universal Studios". No numbering; but then I also have a separate plaque from George Barris with his name on it too.

The investigative work continues:)

Originally Posted by insptech
The last time I saw the Baltimore boat it was at Pleasure Cove marina on the Bodkin. It had a small plaque on the dash that said "Used in the TV show or something like that and was numbered like 3 of 7 or something like that. The thing that seemed to seal it as one of the real boats was screw holes at 2 places in the dash for camera mounts the owner left them unrepaired to sort of authenticate the boat. I have not seen or heard of it since about 1999 or 2000. There is a fairly nice one sort of for sale by Ray Curtis, it is not a movie boat, but has the same colors. It has been upgraded to 502's and Bravos and is a very nice boat, he owns Curtis Propellors in Marlow Heights. I saw your boat at EA on Saturday, didn't see anyone with it.

ferraristyle 09-19-2005 08:47 PM

Stopped by the marina today. Found out that the boat hasn't been there for about two years but is owned by a gentleman with the last name Jackson. Still trying to find out where this boat may be, would love to take a look at it. The guys at the marina said the boat was in so so condition the last time they saw it.

If anyone knows anything about this boat or any other MV 38 KV please let me know. I'm going to try to get a registry of these boats together among otherthings.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Surgin' General 09-19-2005 10:03 PM

A friend of mine sold one of the original Scarabs back in 2001. I'll ask if he knows where it is.