Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone know the scoop on this Outerlimits? >

Anyone know the scoop on this Outerlimits?

Notices

Anyone know the scoop on this Outerlimits?

Old 01-30-2002, 12:15 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Anyone know the scoop on this Outerlimits?

It's been for sale for a long time, so is there some problem with it? Seems like it's been on the market for 9 months or more now. Cheapest one out there, what's up wit dat?
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/0/1/1557801.htm
Old 01-30-2002, 12:26 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

its a 95 for starters so it is older than alot of the other OL out there. In addition it has SSM4 drives. Finally it says "awesome" down the side in big letters.

For em taht is a little loud. And if i had 129k for anew boat i wold need another 5k to paint out "awesome". I know the origonal owner of this boat is frmo eth NY/NJ area. I saw his new boat (33' elminator) at the NYC SBI race this year. Both nice boats fast as hell but liek i said the name isn;t really my bag. I've never been a big fan of teh HUGE name on the sides of pleasureboats. I don't mind the graphics just words are a lil much.
Old 01-30-2002, 12:26 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

I am pretty sure it was rigged at falcon HP here on LI.
Old 01-30-2002, 02:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im not sure if it still says Awsome down the side anymore. I know Mike did a full referb. on the boat. ast time I saw it was at DSM. The asking price is about right for somebody who wants bragging rights to owning an outerlimits.
Old 01-30-2002, 07:21 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
32Fever - Puder and IDRPSTF know the boat - it is presently down here in St. Pete Florida at Lightning Bay Marine - the previous owner is from NY and had traded it in on a new Eliminator. Boat is in exc. condition. Mike Flaniga (owner and pres. of Lightning Bay Marine) cleand-up the boat quite a bit, updated the dash panel, gauges, etc. From my understanding, the boat runs REAL strong..... not a lot of money for an OL.
Old 01-30-2002, 07:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts
The price is ok, and it appears to look in great condition. To me it was their first model, awesome attempt but they have improved with age, in leaps and bounds, the interior seats need to be changed out along with the graphics, other than that to me its a great boat reflecting a ok market value. Redo the paint and seats for some new updating and I bet it would sell quicker, visual appearance is 90% of the sale, just my personal taste.
Old 01-30-2002, 11:21 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

It seems aweful cheap to me. Sure, a 1995, but all the ones I see are $150-$160 plus.

Was just wondering if it sank and was redone or something.

So, I have not kept up with OL changes or anything, hard to keep up in mags on that kind of stuff, but what changes did they make and what years?

Mark
Old 01-30-2002, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That is probably one of the first Stilettos built...if not the first...in fact, if you compare the hull id number, you might just find it doesn't match other Outerlimits...

This boat was rigged from scratch by Falcon Hi Performance before they moved to Hampton Bays and was maintained by Jimmy and crew until the owner traded it in on his new Eliminator cat.

The boat was put together real nice the interior was done buy the same guy that did my Cigarette. I noticed by the pics, it has been changed since then...

I was on the boat once and it ran real nice...I forget how fast it went, but it was in the 90mph range.

As far as construction, etc, the stringers and bulkeads, etc were definitely beefy and it is probably built every bit as well as the new boats.

The graphics were done by Mike Long at Falcon's shop...
Old 01-30-2002, 04:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I thought that looked familiar...
Lightning Bay Marine is located adjacent to my marina and pass by it a few times a week. Sharp looking boat. Never been really up close, though!
Old 01-30-2002, 04:56 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

If it was the first, wouldn't that make it a "collectible"?

Thanks Sean, very interesting. So they redid the cockpit, or cabin, or both?

Baja,
Someone said they repainted it? Is it still the same when you see it now?

Mark

Quick Reply: Anyone know the scoop on this Outerlimits?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.