If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: which boat would you choose and why (Cig -vs- Outerlimits)

San Clemente, CA

Hey Tank- ya I want a boat with #6's. It would be hard not go with another Cig - but I want to explore all the options (and a certain rude Cig dealer in FL is pushing me away from Cigs- and it's not Martin Marine, they're cool). I'm going to the Miami boat show - hopefully I'll get to see all the "good stuff"

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: kwb ]

My Boats:
    Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
    Channel Islands, So. Cal.

Well brother I will be looking forward to seeing what you get. With your track record I'm sure it will be 1st class!

Now who in their right mind would be pushing you away from cigs?? Uless you're talking dealer issues!

Better hurry up and get a boat bro. summer is coming...Havasu is just around the corner!!

Eh, Kenny by the way check my thread on the scope web page. I have a question for you I think you can help with.

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: thisistank ]

My Boats:
    Whatever you missed your payment on
    In your driveway while you sleep

"So its like you meet the girl of your dreams, right"
    "And you ask her to marry you"
    "And then she takes you to her home town"
    "And you meet all of hr friends"
    I still laugh out loud about that one. That is when its time to stop pushing a boat!!!Kenny, I thought you where getting out of your mint condition Cig for a bigger boat? Although an outerlimits is a better boat in many areas. Good luck looking around. All I can say is before you buy, o to her home town and talk to her freinds!!!

I say look at all and everything. You took time & great care of your last boat, no doubt that this boat might just very well be a keeper for a while...?? Just take your time.

Decide on the best factory support, resale, ride and performance you can get..

If not, buy something mediocre or even temporary ( i.e. Cig, Outerlimits / Hustler ) or wait for the new 38'-40' SUNSATION......

My two, ..just one man's opinion,

Platinum Member Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    fast boats
    Greenwich CT USA

GO for the Outerlimits....I've owned 3!!! They are the best built, best handling and safest boats made. Not to metion the 6'2 headroom down below...The Outerlimits you are considering is one of the cleanest and best maitained boats on the market. You will get both the speed and the comfort you desire. The 42 Tiger is a nice boat, but obviously I'm partial to the Outerlimits!
    Just my .02

Platinum Member Platinum Member rainmn's Avatar
    Manahawkin, NJ

Puder - I was standing on the jetty when Pete came through the inlet at the OPA race last year. That had to be the most impressive sight of the day, including the race.

kwb....Sit down and talk to Stinson....he has extended experience driving both all types of water conditions. His opinion opposes many opinions on this thread...especially when it comes to high speed runs in the Pacific in the rough stuff!!!! Good luck KWB....

My Boats:
    31 Jupiter w/ 300 VRods
    Aventura, FL

I have owned two cigarettes and think the ride is going to be hard to beat. I have never been in an OL but they have a great reputation. I really don’t think the 37 OL will run with the 42 Cig. in rough water. The 36 Cig dominated every rough water race this year in APBA F2. I don’t follow SBI as close, were their any OL racing against the Cig? Good luck on whatever you decide!

My Boats:
    38' Cigarette, 42'Post, Driver:F2-07 Wild Child
    Greenwich CT. U S of A

I own a Cigarette and race an Outerlimits.
    I have to agree with Waterspeed (my faithful throttleman), Outerlimits is the way to go.
    Safest, fastest, best handling bar none.
    P.S. Cig is for sale
    Dave F2-07 Wild Child

Hey Brad! i have a cig and am from savannah. arent yall having a poker run or something there this year???

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast