Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   which boat would you choose and why (Cig -vs- Outerlimits) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/11282-boat-would-you-choose-why-cig-vs-outerlimits.html)

sean stinson 02-03-2002 11:39 PM

KWB.....We have had this conversation stud if you want I will run the **** out of you in all of them and you can decide from there and next time clarify which Cigarette Dealer you're talking about because it wasn't me that particular statement targeted. If you're gonna do this test it all needs to be done the same day up by the Queens gate with 6-8's outside and I can guarantee what you're battered body will buy at the end of the day.....Sean

Audiofn 02-03-2002 11:45 PM

So Stinson what will his battered body buy????? Enquiring minds have to know.... :D :D

sean stinson 02-03-2002 11:47 PM

Jeffrey,
It was a 42' not a 37 and it had 1200 Sterlings.....It and Bob Russell's boat rocket were the first two boats at all the card stops his being a bit faster than me but we still ran 120+ mph all day long.....After reaching Catalina we waited for about 20-25 minutes for the rest of the fleet to catch up.....If you could combine both boats into one....you would be stepping up into a fast Apache quality boat......Sean

JimV 02-04-2002 09:34 AM

I have spent considerable time in both boats. The Outer Limits is faster and has more room in the cabin. The Cig handles better in the big water and has an overall smoother ride. I guess it would depend on where I would be boating the most.

Nauti Kitty 02-12-2002 06:41 PM

hey Jimmy V what about a big power 27 fountain? If you can keep your head from smashing through the windshield I hear they can give a huge pounding!Are those primal motors finished yet? Hey Sean sorry I missed you. Word NK :D

Offshore Roller 02-12-2002 09:36 PM

Ok, First off, 42 Tiger Straight Hull is a beast in rough water. You just have to power it right. You will WALK away from any stepped bottom boat in the rough stuff (5ft+).I have owned and ridden in the OL 37'. And personally (I’m just stating my opinion, not starting a war) it was nowhere near the ride of the Cigarette. Of course they're faster, (Outerlimits), but come on, they're faster in flat calm water. If you like the thrill of running in rough water, go for a cigarette. If you want to go fast on calm water........get an OL. I have heard stories about the 42' but I have yet to see this with my own eyes. PS- there’s a beautiful 42 Tiger one for sale at lip-ship performance. Also TNT has one at a good price as well I think that’s the one you’re looking at now.

kwb 02-13-2002 12:13 AM

Roller - that's pretty much what I figured. I rode in a Tiger once and it was a Beast!

Since I can't buy a boat from Lip-ship, I plan on going to TNT later this week. The good news is - I sold my 2000 Top Gun last Friday, so it's not only a boat show, but a shopping spree.... :D

Sydwayz 11-27-2006 12:47 PM

Re: which boat would you choose and why (Cig -vs- Outerlimits)

WOW, this debate has been going round and round since the dawn of time... er-- at least since the dawn of (this version of) OSO. :D :D :evilb: :evilb:

thisistank 11-27-2006 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
WOW, this debate has been going round and round since the dawn of time... er-- at least since the dawn of (this version of) OSO. :D :D :evilb: :evilb:

Yes, and Kenny went with the Tiger...Which is for sale now.

Jassman 11-27-2006 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank
Yes, and Kenny went with the Tiger...Which is for sale now.

Now that more time has gone by, Both extremely cool boats, but I still like the OL better. :cool: