Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
which boat would you choose and why (Cig -vs- Outerlimits) >

which boat would you choose and why (Cig -vs- Outerlimits)

Notices

which boat would you choose and why (Cig -vs- Outerlimits)

Old 02-03-2002, 11:39 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
KWB.....We have had this conversation stud if you want I will run the **** out of you in all of them and you can decide from there and next time clarify which Cigarette Dealer you're talking about because it wasn't me that particular statement targeted. If you're gonna do this test it all needs to be done the same day up by the Queens gate with 6-8's outside and I can guarantee what you're battered body will buy at the end of the day.....Sean
Old 02-03-2002, 11:45 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
So Stinson what will his battered body buy????? Enquiring minds have to know....
Old 02-03-2002, 11:47 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jeffrey,
It was a 42' not a 37 and it had 1200 Sterlings.....It and Bob Russell's boat rocket were the first two boats at all the card stops his being a bit faster than me but we still ran 120+ mph all day long.....After reaching Catalina we waited for about 20-25 minutes for the rest of the fleet to catch up.....If you could combine both boats into one....you would be stepping up into a fast Apache quality boat......Sean
Old 02-04-2002, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have spent considerable time in both boats. The Outer Limits is faster and has more room in the cabin. The Cig handles better in the big water and has an overall smoother ride. I guess it would depend on where I would be boating the most.
Old 02-12-2002, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey Jimmy V what about a big power 27 fountain? If you can keep your head from smashing through the windshield I hear they can give a huge pounding!Are those primal motors finished yet? Hey Sean sorry I missed you. Word NK
Old 02-12-2002, 09:36 PM
Offshore Roller

Ok, First off, 42 Tiger Straight Hull is a beast in rough water. You just have to power it right. You will WALK away from any stepped bottom boat in the rough stuff (5ft+).I have owned and ridden in the OL 37'. And personally (I’m just stating my opinion, not starting a war) it was nowhere near the ride of the Cigarette. Of course they're faster, (Outerlimits), but come on, they're faster in flat calm water. If you like the thrill of running in rough water, go for a cigarette. If you want to go fast on calm water........get an OL. I have heard stories about the 42' but I have yet to see this with my own eyes. PS- there’s a beautiful 42 Tiger one for sale at lip-ship performance. Also TNT has one at a good price as well I think that’s the one you’re looking at now.

Old 02-13-2002, 12:13 AM
kwb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roller - that's pretty much what I figured. I rode in a Tiger once and it was a Beast!

Since I can't buy a boat from Lip-ship, I plan on going to TNT later this week. The good news is - I sold my 2000 Top Gun last Friday, so it's not only a boat show, but a shopping spree....
Old 11-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,212 Likes on 525 Posts
Default Re: which boat would you choose and why (Cig -vs- Outerlimits)

WOW, this debate has been going round and round since the dawn of time... er-- at least since the dawn of (this version of) OSO.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 3,102 Likes on 1,004 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
WOW, this debate has been going round and round since the dawn of time... er-- at least since the dawn of (this version of) OSO.
Yes, and Kenny went with the Tiger...Which is for sale now.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Yes, and Kenny went with the Tiger...Which is for sale now.
Now that more time has gone by, Both extremely cool boats, but I still like the OL better.

Quick Reply: which boat would you choose and why (Cig -vs- Outerlimits)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.