Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   which boat would you choose and why (Cig -vs- Outerlimits) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/11282-boat-would-you-choose-why-cig-vs-outerlimits.html)

kwb 01-29-2002 07:40 PM

which boat would you choose and why (Cig -vs- Outerlimits)

I'm considering two boats:

The first is a 2000 37' Outerlimits (single step bottom) with staggered Merc 900SC and #6 dry sumps. Awesome paint 170 hours total. 50hrs since last complete rebuild by Eickert.

The other boat is a late 1999 42' Cigarette (straight bottom) with the same power and drives (Merc 900SC and #6 dry sump drives). This boat has 70 total hours - fresh water.

The price is the same for either boat.

I've owned a Cigarette before, but not an Outerlimits, so don't know much about them.

What do you guys think?

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: kwb ]

Curt 01-29-2002 07:43 PM

I would definitely go with the Cigarette. Bigger boat, fewer hours. And between these two it's hard to beat the Cigarette brand name. :)

32fever 01-29-2002 07:46 PM

I think you're one lucky s-o-b :D :D :D

NOt that I have any knowledge whatsoever on either boat, just post whoring.

But, if it were me, I'd probably opt for the OL. First, Cigs have great resale, but those damn OL are like cash cows. I wish I had bought a 95 or 96, but didn't have a pot to piss in back then. ;) At least now I have a dixie cup :)

Plus, I'd rather trailer a 37' boat than 42', if that is the case with you. Either way, awesome rides.

Mark

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: 32fever ]

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: 32fever ]

MnFastBoat 01-29-2002 07:48 PM

MHO if money was not a concern, I would go with the outerlimits
why, because I love em and there is not as many of them as cigs. At least compared to what I have seen.
They are both great boats.
It would be a great pleasure to be able to have your hard decission of CHOOSING ;) let alone actually owning either one.
2 of the best choices out there for top of the line.

JIMKID Motorsports 01-29-2002 07:54 PM

I personally would go with the outrlimitts much faster safe and stable boat and as far as resale boats like these are for gofast people and the outerlimmits is much faster boat and built to last handle just about any thing cigarette good boat but just paying for the name no performance

cigarette1 01-29-2002 08:05 PM

That's a nobrainer ... Cigarette 42 Tiger .. You did say 42' Tiger didn't you???

The OL is a sweet boat and maybe I would have to think twice if it were between the OL and a Gun. But, come on ... a 37 OL is not going to run with a 42' Tiger when the water wakes up.

G

Miller 01-29-2002 08:10 PM

I've been on the 37 in question and can attest to the way that boat has been maintained and run. If you have any questions about the boat, give me a call. BCC has my numbers or just email me.

Between the Tiger and the OT, I'd get the OT. I really like Cigarettes and the Tiger is awesome, but the OT in qestion is phenomenal. It blows away most others. That thing ROCKS! :D

Hustler 26 01-29-2002 08:14 PM

Boy I wish I had your problems. However I have riden both and in "my opinion" I would go with the 37 Outerlimits.

Let me ask you a question. Have you ever riden in an Outerlimits. One ride is worth a thousand opinion. You can't believe how well thy ride.

Dave M. ;) ;) ;)

cigarette1 01-29-2002 08:19 PM

I'd say Stinson would probably have the most experience driving(piloting) both boats with big power. What's he have to say about this??

Miller 01-29-2002 08:23 PM

Actually, Stinson was on the OT with me during my first run on that boat. Ask him when he reappears from his trip East.