Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hurricane Rita (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/112864-hurricane-rita.html)

Turbojack 09-23-2005 05:26 PM

Re: Hurricane Rita

Just found this link showing winds on area highways. So far we have had one short power outage but it came back on.TxDot

JB4Boyne 09-23-2005 08:27 PM

If you guys can, please get on line in the morning and let us know how you are doing.

Clay Washington 09-23-2005 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by BajaRunner
How far do these things go in? Im in austin, I wouldnt think it would be a problem, just some rain.

We'll be lucky to get any rain. Just some gusty winds on Saturday and Sunday.

yahoo 09-24-2005 05:51 AM

I live in west houston, just outside 610 loop off I10.

Obviously we still have electricity, some winds, not much rain.

Made it without any damage.

I will go to my beach house asap, hopefully today later.

Curtis

r

Popeyes 09-24-2005 06:00 AM

JB.
When I grow up I wanna be just like you. You are the man!

Croozin2 09-24-2005 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Popeyes
JB.
When I grow up I wanna be just like you. You are the man!

I second that Stan!

Turbojack 09-24-2005 03:50 PM

Just got computer back up. From seeing last monday that we were going to be on the east side of storm, 40 miles from center & though we were in big trouble. We have had an exiting week getting ready, and helping/talking to people sitting on the freeway trying to get out of town. Yesterday around noon the winds started to whip, by 10 pm last night not much more wind but a very lltle rain. So little rain & wind we sat outside. Around 3 pm the power went out & could see the tress blowing but did not look that bad. Sleep until about 8 am, went to check on damage but most damage I found was to dead leaves blowen out of the trees. Compared to some thunderstorms we have had thru here this was a cake walk ( a lot less wind & rain). I know we were very lucky compared to the people east of us.

All the stores are still closed and still no one has gas with any idea of getting any.

I now have to but back offices since we were worried about flooding & the place being blowen apart.

So much for Rita, now will be ready for the next one.

yahoo 09-24-2005 04:08 PM

Just got back from Galveston, snuck in early.

Very little damage, Im not sure why the mayor will not open the island.

I drove by my beach house and some of my friends, no real damage. I lost a couple of pieces of vinyl siding.

Water didnt even get to the slab.

We dodged a big bullet.

Curtis

Nocturnal 09-24-2005 05:49 PM

The problem now is dealing with the people coming back into town. I left Montgomery early this morning and made it back to Houston (Rice University area) without hitting any traffic on the roads. Other than some trees down in lanes, it didn't look to bad on the west side of town coming back.

I had a friend that evacuated to OK City from Houston and it took her 36 hours (that sucks).

FeverFan 09-24-2005 10:59 PM

Took me 16 hours to get to New Braunfels! :mad:

It only took me 2 1/2 hours to get home this morning. :evilb: