Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Show Me Your Boats Canvas Enclosure (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/112907-show-me-your-boats-canvas-enclosure.html)

pullmytrigger 09-23-2005 02:00 PM

Re: Show Me Your Boats Canvas Enclosure

1 Attachment(s)
mines the ugliest........
but as above ........IT WORKS........just this past Lab Day weekend there was a big bash at a friends cottage........the cottage was FULL for sleeping.......we pull up with the boat.....no problem......very comfortable.....had a great weekend
this is the second boat Ive had this made for.......mine always go right over the back with an extra single loop so the sunpad is a berth......a NICE queen size one........the dark tint is a must.......the sun gets up at 5am.......keeps the sun/heat down and the privacy up.......Mines all stainless......I wouldnt bother again........its just not up enough to justify the extra cost and wieght.....go aluminum...........doug

cgarrett 09-26-2005 11:58 PM

Thanks for the shots.

Could have used a cover this Sunday at Put in Bay to get out of the rain.
Had to spend all afternoon at the Round House Bar to stay dry.

Cordell

East Coast B 09-27-2005 05:55 AM

I just had a bimini top put on my sonic 31ss along with all the sides for a complete enclosure. Get several estimates as I found the price varies a LOT!!! I found that they all pretty much used the sunbrella canvas and same grade clear for the windows. What varies the price a bit is in what type of hardware you want to use. You can use aluminum or stainless poles, aluminum came standard and stainless was like another 200 bucks. Same goes for the pole fittings, basic came with plastic, you can upgrade to aluminum or stainless. I went with the aluminum poles and stainless fittings. Stainless fittings was an extra 100 bucks. I felt the fittings would be more of a weak spot than the poles themselves. He also had to cut the cockpit cover to allow for the rail mounted poles. Total package was 1300. One recommendation, keep the back of the bimini about even with the front of the passenger sofa for ease of getting in and out of the boat. I had told him that I wanted a 6 foot bimini and when I came back, it was 5 foot and he explained that he shortened it for this reason. After a few outings, I'm glad that he did this, it would be tough entering the cockpit if the bimini came back further.

Good luck!

45sonic 09-27-2005 06:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I took these pictures a few weeks ago when it was raining but the guy came to fix our AC unit. Had to put it in the water to do this so we made it dryer by putting this up. Looks funky but it is functional.

1) from a distance
2) from the stern

45sonic 09-27-2005 06:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
We really wanted them to bring the top all the way to the arch, but they didn't do that.

3) from the side
4) from the front

mopower 10-18-2005 10:31 AM

3 Attachment(s)
272 Formula. I have both plastic and/or screens for the side

stevebaretta 10-18-2005 03:11 PM

Blownrat, your top looks great!