Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New York Brunch Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/112954-new-york-brunch-run.html)

berns29scarab 10-18-2005 07:00 AM

Re: New York Brunch Run

i seem to remember a certain day a certain individual damn near begged a certain someone (Tsunami) to turn around as we were heading out the AC inlet and i can honestly say it was worse sunday....hmmmmmmmmmm who could that have been. :argue:

mr_velocity 10-18-2005 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Lucididee
Oh please, you would have tried Harikari out there if you were with us. Ya know I luv ya, but let's not go there Mary!

Ocean, they didn't even make it out of the bay :eek:

Sandy Hook and Raritan Bay can get mighty nasty, but never enough to keep a 30+' boat at home. Just need to remember the fastest way between 2 points is not always a straight line.

mr_velocity 10-18-2005 08:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Lucididee
Listen here Mr. IAlreadyWinterizedMyMotors, they're called test runs. When ya make modifications and then pick up 3 MPH, all ya need is a little ride. Ya get there that much quicker! :evilb:

May want to rub some of this on the boat next time you go out, might run a little longer. I saw Panther rubbing it all over the drives on Saturday morning :D

TSUNAMIRACING 10-18-2005 08:24 AM

I didn't see you out there on Sunday did I?

berns29scarab 10-18-2005 08:38 AM

i dont believe so...

Panther 10-18-2005 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
May want to rub some of this on the boat next time you go out, might run a little longer. I saw Panther rubbing it all over the drives on Saturday morning :D

Yeah, it must have worked cause the drives stayed together.

berns29scarab 10-18-2005 08:56 AM

alls i can say is when you have a 37 outerlimits a couple hundred yards away from ya that disappears between swells, i have no business being out there in a 30 outboard cat...IMOP

Lucididee 10-18-2005 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
alls i can say is when you have a 37 outerlimits a couple hundred yards away from ya that disappears between swells, i have no business being out there in a 30 outboard cat...IMOP

We had no business being out there. I wish I had half a brain and just suggested to trailer to LL. I knew it was going to be snotty, but I wasn't expecting it as bad as it was. Lession learned for next year. Just glad we were all safe and nothing broke.

Lucididee 10-18-2005 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by TSUNAMIRACING
I didn't see you out there on Sunday did I?

We were "playing hide between the swells". But I do believe you were playing "Rocket Man." Boat looked upright a few times. Glad you made it.

Panther 10-18-2005 09:44 AM

The agony of defeat. :rolleyes: