Notices

New York Brunch Run

Old 10-04-2005, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: New York Brunch Run

Just a suggestion:

Billy Frenz may have already done this, but if not, someone should make a courtesy call to the Coast Guard giving them a heads up to expect whatever the number of boats that will be coming down the Hudson that day.

A few weeks ago 5 of our club boats went for a fun run up the Hudson and they were all stopped and boarded. All passed inspection except for one with the wrong extinguisher.

It's just easier to keep open communication with the Coasties.
Their job is hard enough without wondering why all of a sudden so many performance boats are coming at them at one time...
Old 10-04-2005, 11:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
Just a suggestion:

Billy Frenz may have already done this, but if not, someone should make a courtesy call to the Coast Guard giving them a heads up to expect whatever the number of boats that will be coming down the Hudson that day.

A few weeks ago 5 of our club boats went for a fun run up the Hudson and they were all stopped and boarded. All passed inspection except for one with the wrong extinguisher.

It's just easier to keep open communication with the Coasties.
Their job is hard enough without wondering why all of a sudden so many performance boats are coming at them at one time...
THIS IS SHARKEY'S QUOTE FROM A DIFFERENT THREAD
Old 10-05-2005, 03:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill be there and hopefully bringing 3 other boats with me we will travel down the hudson from newburgh area what time is everyone going to meet at miss liberty?
Old 10-05-2005, 08:14 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is from the NPBA site:

Sunday, October 9, 2005
High Noon

Our annual fall brunch run around Manhattan will take place on Sunday, October 9th, 2005. This is an informal cruise that anyone can do. We will gather at noon-time, just outside of Manhasset Bay, just south of buoy/gong #27.

We travel under the Throgs Neck Bridge, The Whitestone Bridge, and down the East River to the basin off the tip of New York City. Then we rest for 10 minutes as other boaters from Long Island, New Jersey and Haverstraw join us. We then proceed north on the Hudson River, under the George Washington Bridge, and turn east (right) onto the Harlem River, which will bring us back to Hell’s Gate. Then North (left), back to Long Island Sound and right at your 2nd inlet, into Manhasset Bay to LaMotta’s Restaurant for a great brunch and good chatter about the run…and our speedboats.

There is no entry fee, but please call or e-mail if you are going to attend…I do not want to leave without you.

For more event information call:
The National Powerboat Association at 203-532-1312
[email protected]

Last edited by Lucididee; 10-05-2005 at 08:20 AM.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:17 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
All of our years running around the Hudson, this hasn't happened to us once. But just like anywhere else, I guess it happens. I'm sure Billy's got it all under control.

Last edited by Lucididee; 10-05-2005 at 08:26 AM.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:08 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

For the most part the Brunch rum is rain or shine. Unless a complete washout! The it will run the following Sunday.
To my knowledge, this has happened just once over the past years'.

Depending on how the sky looks, best suggestion would be to call LaMotta's/Manhasset Bay Marina @ 516-883-8411 in case it is a late morning cancellation. So don't be calling @ 8 in the morning.

So just check your oils and fill her up with gas, and see everyone on Sunday!

(If I here anything I will post it the morning of the run.)
Old 10-06-2005, 10:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by RROCKPIRATE
Thanks D. you are very helpful with everything.
You are also a great photographer/ videoagrapher, That video on the Hot Toddy run was great. See you Sunday if the rain holds out.
D.

All I did was send Billy an email. He's good like that.

Thanks for offering my brother props to test, greatly appreciated.

FYI - don't know where anyone else was today, but it never saw a drop of rain in Manahattan. When they say scattered shows, they mean SCATTERED SHOWERS.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:34 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucididee
All of our years running around the Hudson, this hasn't happened to us once. But just like anywhere else, I guess it happens. I'm sure Billy's got it all under control.
Well now you have this to deal with Dee...

New York City Terror Threat

By all means, someone should let the coasties know you're coming.
They may stop you anyway, but at least they have a heads up why you are all there at once.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-06-2005, 10:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
New York City Terror Threat

By all means, someone should let the coasties know you're coming.
They may stop you anyway, but at least they have a heads up why you are all there at once.
Yeah I know, I was greated buy 7 Transit cops @ the Train Station Tuesday morning.

I'm sure Billy has contacted those that need to know. The extra patrol and security seems to be a common thing on the Hudson nowadays.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:48 AM
Registered

grrrrrrrrrrrrr. weather not looking so good.

Quick Reply: New York Brunch Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.