Notices

New York Brunch Run

Old 10-15-2005, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New York Brunch Run

Have fun Dee ... I'll be workin (for next spring )
Old 10-15-2005, 05:27 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucididee
Just got home from a little run in the bay. WNW 20 mph and a 2' chop. We had a nice ride, Ran into by bro out there. He said they only saw debris @ the tip of the hook. And hit a couple of swells around the hook. (marine forecast called for SEAS 7' TO 10' on the ocean)

Calling for the WNW 22 mph tomorrow. I'm expecting a 2-3' chop crossing the bay with an occasional 4' swell. If tomorrow is anything like today, it'll make a nice ride crossing the bay to NY. (marine forecast calling for SEAS 4' TO 6' on the ocean) Marine forecast for NY Harbor on Sunday is W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS AROUND 30 KT. WAVES 2 TO 3 FT.
There was a decent swell out there today. The waves were breaking on Roamer Shoals and also some large breakers just south of Sandy Hook. Not sure how big the swells were but they looked like some decent size breakers.

Mr Velocity wanted me to jump them in the resin bucket I decided it wasn't the best thing to do...

Have fun tomorrow!
Old 10-16-2005, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

hittin the road now and should be in the water in Atlantic Highlands by 11:15-11:30
Old 10-16-2005, 12:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

I hope you guys had a good time.... I couldn't get my boat in the water at the boat ramp due to 3-4 ft waves at the dock at the ramp. there was no way I was going to chance damaging my boat. I guess I should have put it in the water last night. The sound looks rough I went down the end our road and its like 5 ft in hempstead harbor. I guess there is always tommorrow..
Old 10-16-2005, 12:43 PM
Registered

YUP ...... Port Jeff was kickin' up 5-6 .... NASTY STUFF
Old 10-16-2005, 02:07 PM
Registered

YUP ...... Port Jeff was kickin' up 5-6 .... NASTY STUFF
Old 10-16-2005, 03:47 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Looks like it was a resin bucket day!

Good thing we made it out yesterday and played in the swells for a little while, I don't feel so bad now.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was a rough ride in the sound, thats for sure. Once you got past Rikers Island, it calmed down all the way to the South Sreet Seaport. The Hudson was pretty good and the Harlem River was calm for the most part. On the way back when we got to Laguardia airport it was kicking up pretty bad and the LI Sound was worse on the way home, than the way down. All in all it was a fun day of rough water boating. We all got pretty wet and gave it hell, but thats the way it's supposed to be, right?
Old 10-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Registered

I couldn't make the run today but did get some video from my balcony of you guys running to the Throggs Neck Bridge....if any one has a site I can upload 167MB files I will post them. Man did it look ruff out there....it looked to me like Redwind was up front with couple of v's not to far behind. Hope you all had a good end of the season run.....later....John.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther

Mr Velocity wanted me to jump them in the resin bucket I decided it wasn't the best thing to do...
PU$$Y!!! You know I would have been slamming them with the potato chip

Was a nice unexpected ride, thanks........although I don't think I can slam you on short rides anymore, I think Dee and MTM take the shortest rides of anyone. Did the oil even get hot????

Quick Reply: New York Brunch Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.