If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Boat Insurance how much

I have a 27' foot Rayson Craft with a 540 BBC. (about 650 HP) What should I be paying for insurance. The quotes I get are outrageous. Any help?

call boat-us.. they have me around $900ish a year on my 23' twin 2.5L cat.. Karlton there has helped me out alot

Thumbs up

Try Sy - his link is down in one of the conferences at the bottom of the Board's main page -

Total Dollar Insurance - Sy for President

I am transitioning from 310 hp to 675 hp, and thought my case was gonna be hopeless. Sy fixed me up - expect to pay, if you wanna play. Speed costs, and it's not just about the hardware you put into the boat.

Just how much is "outrageous"? Look at it this way - if you are insured through some conventional insurance agency (e.g. State Farm, etc.), and you are flat-out lying about what type of power you have, in a big-time way - you seriously damage your boat, you could be S.O.L. when the adjuster comes to look at it! He'll take a look at that 540 and realize that it's not the Mercruiser 454 Mag that you said you had in there. Food for thought. I was going to play that game, but with all the coin I have tied up in my boat, I don't want to be left hangin dry.

Depending on your age, etc, etc, you should be able to get something for under $1500/year - just a guess.

Try Sy - I was straight-up with him about my boat, no BS'ing about hp or speed.

That's who I use...

Platinum Member

i have 27 ft checkmate with 500hp motor! i just switched from ERIE to PROGRESSIVE new cost is 530.00 ayear 250.00 cheaper than ERIE BILL

Charter Member #30 Charter Member Scott's Avatar
    My Boats:
    PQ 38 Avenger

How did you get Progressive to insure you I have tried a couple of times and they have informed me NOTHING over 50mph.How do you get them to pay a claim when they figure this out???
    I have Steps & Bubbles!

Uncle Toys

GRB - use the search function, lots of good threads in the past. Then send indivuals private messages - I believe most people don't want to post information publicly. Someone might be watching

Originally posted by Scott:
    How did you get Progressive to insure you I have tried a couple of times and they have informed me NOTHING over 50mph.How do you get them to pay a claim when they figure this out??? </STRONG>
    Lying about true top speed perhaps?

Wow Wild Willy that is really cheap my old boat thru Progressive is over $1000 bucks a year. I must be getting screwed I am going to switch to Boat-us when mine comes up in a few months they killed Progressive by almost $300 bucks. Thats a lot of Beer

Official OSO boat whore Charter Member
    My Boats:
    8' row boat
    Mequon, WI

We just got a new policy through State Farm. Something like $360 a year on a 26' cat with a 470hp 454.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast