Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: Home Theater Receiver Question (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/11303-ot-home-theater-receiver-question.html)

32fever 01-14-2002 05:47 PM

OT: Home Theater Receiver Question

Sorry for the non-boating topic folks, but the HDTV post sparked this.

I've been looking for a new HT receiver for a while and never occured to me to ask here, but can Audiofn, FWK or anyone else offer any input? You can email me if you'd rather since this isn't about boating.

Was looking at Integra 8.2 Marantz 8200 (I think), or maybe jumping to the B&K 307 if it's worth it. I don't care for the sound of the Denon over the others. Hear the new Pinoeer Elite receiver is nice. If anyone owns one or has info, LMK. Thanks. Any others to consider?

Thanks, and sorry for the "off topic" subject for those of you reading this that shouldn't have clicked on it any due to the subject.

[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: 32fever ]

FWK 01-14-2002 07:19 PM

I sent you an e-mail. Forrest

H2Xmark 01-14-2002 07:48 PM

well the Denon avr5800 is very nice also the avr3802 is high end stuff,i like my Yamaha rx-v1 it is a great receiver,Onkyo builds some nice stuff,like the tx-ds989 and the tx-ds787,another nice receiver is the Integra dtr-9.1 top of the line here,the B&K avr307 is also a great receiver,most of the sony and kenwood is ok stuff,but not top of the line,pioneer elite vsx-39tx from what i hear has some new stuff on it,nice receiver,good luck on your purchase,mark

sean stinson 01-14-2002 07:49 PM

Sonance has the best equipment available for Home Audio Theater in the business if you need a catalog call me or go to their website @ Sonance.com....

Sean

sean stinson 01-14-2002 07:51 PM

I'm sorry bro I think all they offer are the amps and speaker systems to tie into your receiver so I may have mislead you some on your request......Sean

ontheh2o 01-14-2002 08:08 PM

I'd also check out the NAD 761. Clean underated power that will take 4 or 8 ohm load. Simple controls. Money goes toward power and quality vs. 20 different theater modes you will probably never use. Not an expert, but with a set of Paradigm speakers and center cnannel and a HSU sub, it rocks. NAD can be purchased reasonably at yawaaudio.com.

BillR 01-14-2002 08:16 PM

Sound quality: NAD hands down. Followed by Marantz, followed by Yamaha. These are the only ones I would buy, 'cept for the B&K that nice too.

Foofoo gadgets: just about any other Jap receiver out there.

I stopped carring Denon years ago, not too sure what they are up to today.
Integra is Onkyo, yuk!
Let me know which one you decide on, I might be able to save you (or other OSO members) some money.

PhantomChaos 01-14-2002 08:46 PM

32Fever-

Are you asking about HDTV receivers, or sound receivers?

Bill272 01-14-2002 09:12 PM

I've had a Marantz SR-7000 for a couple of years now and love it. I used to check out some audio sites all the time just to keep up with what's new, but now I don't even care to. You might check Audioreview.com as a pretty good source for opinions on audio gear.

Audiofn 01-14-2002 09:47 PM

32 Fever: You have mail. :D :D

Hey Stinson: You stick to boats and I will stick to.... Oh never mind LOL :D :D Sonance does deffinatly make some great stuff.

How is Anna's boat? I heard it was bad news :-(

Jon