Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thank you OSO! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113167-thank-you-oso.html)

buck183 09-26-2005 08:38 PM

Thank you OSO!

Every now and then someone posts a thread thanking OSO for just being OSO. This is one of those threads. If it needs to be moved I understand.

I recently started spending some time on another forum that I used to frequent. (non boat related) The said forum just so happens to have a lot of interest to me due to my profession. It's to the point where I can't get on there and answer questions to help others because of the way the site is run.

Example.....If a thread changes topic by ANY one person this is against the law. Posters are warned to stay on topic to the thread or it WILL be locked. Take the E-Dock thread here for instance. Are we still talking about E-Dock? Nope. Who cares, we're talking about boating in general. I have yet to see OSO step in and warn people to start talking about E-Dock or they will lock the thread. I know that sounds pretty rediculous, but it's the way things actually are on the other site.

All of that being said, thanks a million OSO! Thanks for letting us have fun. Thanks for letting us have a personality. Thanks for letting us take stabs at each other in good fun.

Everytime I come on here I'm reminded how lucky we have it after snooping around somewhere else.

Keep up the good work OSO! And thanks for putting up with us/me.

PS...I'd say my hat's off to you but the glare would blind you. :D

Peace,

Buck

drypipetiger 09-26-2005 08:51 PM

Re: Thank you OSO!

Hey Buck, What time did you start swilling today?!! :evilb: :D :drink:

"I love you man....." :drink: :D

Wobble 09-26-2005 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by buck183
Every now and then someone posts a thread thanking OSO for just being OSO. This is one of those threads. If it needs to be moved I understand.

I recently started spending some time on another forum that I used to frequent. (non boat related) The said forum just so happens to have a lot of interest to me due to my profession. It's to the point where I can't get on there and answer questions to help others because of the way the site is run.

Example.....If a thread changes topic by ANY one person this is against the law. Posters are warned to stay on topic to the thread or it WILL be locked. Take the E-Dock thread here for instance. Are we still talking about E-Dock? Nope. Who cares, we're talking about boating in general. I have yet to see OSO step in and warn people to start talking about E-Dock or they will lock the thread. I know that sounds pretty rediculous, but it's the way things actually are on the other site.

All of that being said, thanks a million OSO! Thanks for letting us have fun. Thanks for letting us have a personality. Thanks for letting us take stabs at each other in good fun.

Everytime I come on here I'm reminded how lucky we have it after snooping around somewhere else.

Peace,

Buck

I think you will still have to buy the VIP membership to get the t-shirt, however this was a fine effort :drink: :drink:

tomtbone1993 09-26-2005 08:55 PM

Peace,

Buck

Buck........stop you had me at hello ........you had me at hello :evilb: :evilb: nice words and very true

Downtown42 09-26-2005 08:57 PM

mushy :bunny:

packinair 09-26-2005 09:01 PM

Thanks for letting us take stabs at each other in good fun.

Buck

stick it you brown nosing SOB :drink: :drink: :drink:
(and I agree with you)

US1 Fountain 09-26-2005 09:04 PM

YEP! Original topics get boring after the 1st few postings anyways. :D

Now you know why I am still active here from the early days.

CAP071 09-26-2005 09:07 PM

You are all GAY, BUT COOL :drink:

buck183 09-26-2005 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
Thank you for the kind words. I am sure you read the thread recently about a typical day at OSO headquarters. Unfourtanetly I very rarely get to read the site as much as I would like as I am always busy helping a person with a password or client with a banner, etc.

The real people we need to thank are the moderators and the members who help patrol the site. We respond to the complaints when we get them, other than that you all enjoy the site and talk about whatever you want (within the rules or it belongs in uncensored).

Yup, read it. Wouldn't trade places with ya for anything. You can keep it. My end of the deal is MUCH easier. :D

As for the rest of ya.....I can't say what I want to. It might get poofed. :eek: :D

I'm gonna go rotate the tires on my house now, you people are boring me.

Buck

drypipetiger 09-26-2005 09:24 PM

I'm gonna go rotate the tires on my house now, you people are boring me.

LMAO! :drink: