If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PowerBoat Mag

WE have and discuss this same problem in the motorcycle forums. Magazines continually cover their publications with pics of rides doing wheelies then run articles on safe driving and complain about the hih cost of insurance. As for large gatherings such as Poker Runs, I attended one "Midnight Ride" that was promoted as a fund raiser for a local childrens organization. We (wife and I) got there late so we were the last of at least a thousand bikes to leave the staging area. The parking lot was littered with empty beer containers. I left the lot and drove away from the group. That event was marred by several accidents including a fatality.

My Boats:
    2004 36 Concept
    Toms River, NJ

It was so long ago that I sent that to Powerboat I totally forgot I wrote the "Letter to the Editor"

I still stand by what I wrote to them.

In an organized event there's no place for boozin' & cruisin'. I'm far from a Saint but I practice what I preach at my own Poker Runs as well as ones I go on as a participant.

As for the censorship thing.....I think we get a bad enough rap all on our own without doing anything wrong (well most of the time) .......we don't need the help of magazines publishing Crown Royal ads in Poker Runs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234