Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Little Tommy and Magnum Mark face fuel shortage (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113415-little-tommy-magnum-mark-face-fuel-shortage.html)

Little Tommy 09-29-2005 08:27 PM

Little Tommy and Magnum Mark face fuel shortage

Just talked to them. They are on their way to Miami towing Marks Apache. Apparently they had a big problem finding diesel fuel just out of atlanta. After 3 stations, they finally found some. They just want everyone to be aware so you are prepared if you are driving. They thought they might have to siphen out the apache fuel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy :p

MarkSmith 09-29-2005 10:06 PM

Re: Little Tommy and Magnum Mark face fuel shortage

That would ruin their day. I don't think regular gas would work in a diesel truck. :eek:

DirtyMoney 09-29-2005 11:20 PM

Guy that worked the pumps at one of my fuel suppliers facility one time filled my powerstroke with 30 gallons of 110 instead of on road after filling my big tank on the back with offroad. I guess he was new and grabbed the wrong hose. Truck made it 4 or 5 miles and then lost power and started blue smoking. I then shut it down drained the tank, flushed the lines, and filled it with off road and went on down the road.
I have seen it done with pump gas many times and same thing once the fuel is out no problems. Just be sure to shut it down as soon as it happens but usually it does that for you.

Little Tommy 09-30-2005 08:12 AM

They told me there were going to have to mix the Apache fuel with some beer to get the right concentration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyways, that is correct. You canot run regular fuel in the Diesel, that were just brainstorming. You know those two guys, always thinking. But seriously, they just wanted you all to be aware of the shortage and the price you will have to pay when you find fuel. Don't let your tanks run low before you start looking for a station........ and when you do, it is over $4.00 a gallon :eek: ............Kathy

dhlaw 09-30-2005 08:35 AM

All the more reason to put a fuel tank in the bed and carry an extra 70 or 100 gallons of fuel...... Georgia seems to be ground zero for fuel nonsense.

CigDaze 09-30-2005 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Little Tommy
it is over $4.00 a gallon :eek: ............Kathy

Crazy! :mad:
Yep, It's about 3.59 here!

el indio 10-03-2005 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by dhlaw
All the more reason to put a fuel tank in the bed and carry an extra 70 or 100 gallons of fuel...... Georgia seems to be ground zero for fuel nonsense.

that is a beautiful boat. is that the one for sale?...mark...........

dockrocker 10-03-2005 11:23 AM

Makes me glad I've got a gasser - my V-10 only gets 11 or 12 mpg, but gas is still well under $3 a gallon here!