Bad boat accident on Lake George right now

Notices

Bad boat accident on Lake George right now

Old 10-03-2005, 06:20 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Bad boat accident on Lake George right now

What a shame...Our thoughts are with those involved and there families.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stecz20
i wonder if your going to regret being stupid in the morning.. some of your old posts show how much of a putz you are.. hope your future ones dont get you into trouble.... now say your sorry to bob, or ill put the hurt to you...
Really sad about that story, eared about it this morning.. a tragedy

Burtandnancy, Mmm, man you are weird, acting like you do, I'l just blame it on a difficult childhood or non settled conflicts with your parents... You have to understand the pain of some people posting here...

Last edited by JS232; 10-03-2005 at 06:38 AM.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The story was just on the Today Show.... A couple and their daughter were interviewed and commended for their role. Apparently they were first on scene and rescue several people onto their boat.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by burtandnancy
Otis 311, you should get more facts before you start something like this. As tragic as it was, it was not the result of powerboats, poker run boats, a collision of two boats, etc. Our industry does not need any more unfounded bad news.
What the hell are you talking about??? wtf?!

In any event this is very sad? Our thoughts and condolences to those involved.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The reason I stated i thought it was two cruisers was because the friends that called me that were on the scene as it was happening actually saw the bow of the boat before it went down and thought it was a cruiser. It was obviously not a performance style boat. There was also another cruiser in the area that had some of the victims on it that had been pulled out of the water. so It appeared to him that this other cruiser was involved

He called me in a panic, knowing that I was a firefighter and thought I was dive certified trying to see if I could rush to the scene and help. I didnt relize the magnatude of the incident at the time and I am not a diver, so I didnt respond, and Im not sure there was anything ANYONE could have done anyways. If your not out of the water and breathing within 3-4 minutes, call the coroner not the Ambulance or FD
Old 10-03-2005, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Otis, Read some of the guys posts and you will see he is a *******

Reminds me of that old TV show, "The Man from K.N.O.B."

Sounds to me like that has been previously posted, it was just a combination of "aspects" that led to this tragedy.

The wake, coming out of a cove in a turn and being hit broadside, people on one side of the boat already causing a weight distribution problem, sounds to me like nothing more than a horrific accident.

Heart goes out to all involved. Unfortunately, once in a while, accidents happen, and I believe this to be one of them. This will effect everyone in that area for a long time. Condolances to all. Russ
Old 10-03-2005, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shawn,

I'm pretty sure that my dad was driving the ambulence that your mom was working on.

I was going around Diamond Island right around the time of the accident. As I was half way around the Island, the Mohican caught my eye. I had seen this boat thousands of times in my life. But today for some reason, it struck me as odd that he was moving so quickly.

If you are not familar with the mohican, it throws a monster wake when it is just cruising and down right scary waves when it's under a good head of steam.

At the point I saw the mohican, he had just past the tour boat about 4 to 5 minutes before.

I got back to my dock and started to put my boat cover on and saw numerous patrol, fire and rescure boat's shoot by my house with full sirens going.

I still had know idea what happened until I turned on the news

A very sad and tragic day for Lake George

My prayers go out to all that were affected

Brian
Old 10-03-2005, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This is a real trajedy and my heart goes out to the families of the loved ones who will not return. Many were from Michigan where I live, and yes they were senior citizens.

How sad.

Wannabe
Old 10-03-2005, 08:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So tragic.

Prayers for all involved.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I saw this on the news last night, and my first thought was to get on OSO to get the real story thanks Otis.

Quick Reply: Bad boat accident on Lake George right now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.