Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Honeyman Skater crashes in Az. >

Honeyman Skater crashes in Az.

Notices

Honeyman Skater crashes in Az.

Old 10-04-2005, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Honeyman Skater crashes in Az.

its called haveing to turn hard to avoid a jackass in a smaller boat that decided to stop in front of us, we had to power up the out side eng to make the turn, we hit some big wakes at the same time, it didnt seem like we were goin over untill i got sucked out of the boat, but you guys know better than me,
Old 10-04-2005, 01:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by buggyman100
its called haveing to turn hard to avoid a jackass in a smaller boat that decided to stop in front of us, we had to power up the out side eng to make the turn, we hit some big wakes at the same time, it didnt seem like we were goin over untill i got sucked out of the boat, but you guys know better than me,
Sorry about your accident and I`m glad that no one was seriously injured. Now, you physics guys explain that ''gettin` sucked out of the boat'' part.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Registered

the boat rolled over slow, i thougt he had saved it but then it tipped up again and we went over, so for all you guys that think we were going faster i have this question, how did 8 people get out of this accident with no one getting hurt,?
Old 10-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Registered

how did 8 people get out of this accident with no one getting hurt,?
That's damn lucky for sure. And the only reason the situation is being made light of is for the fact that nobody was hurt, at least this time.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why would you have to avoid him if you had plenty of room? Were you following too close? Going too fast into a crowded area?

I'm not trying to blame anyone, thankfully you are all ok! That's just the way your post reads.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Registered

jordy, this is cory, we already talked about this.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:48 PM
Registered

jordy, this is cory, we already talked about this.
I kinda figured that.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:48 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the boat rolled over slow, i thougt he had saved it but then it tipped up again and we went over, so for all you guys that think we were going faster i have this question, how did 8 people get out of this accident with no one getting hurt,?
several questions come to mind that maybe you can shed some light on then...

How do you put 8 people in a 36 skater?

Why would you throttle with the outside motor in an emergency turn/avoidance?

How big would you say this wake was to tip over a 10' beam boat?

When this other boat cut you off, did it stay in your path (imagine somebody cutting you off on the highway) or did they cut across your path (like an intersection)?

When you were "sucked" out, were you one of the people who didn't have a seat in the 5/6 person skater?

Why did a stolen (presumably) cig tow you in? (you may not know the answer to that one but i figured i might ask)
Old 10-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Registered

we had were turing to go into the marina, a wakeboard boat had cut into our path and stopped. we were slowing down. but there ws no one in our path that was moving slower that us at the time, the water had close to 3' wakes and thats with the turn was what caused us to turn over,
Old 10-04-2005, 01:50 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

forgot one question, has does a boat stop suddenly? did he have brakes.....?

Quick Reply: Honeyman Skater crashes in Az.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.