Notices

Lake Winnipesawkee

Old 01-15-2002, 03:31 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would go to Lake George if you don't want to go to far out of your way. Its only a hour up the north way if you are heading to the 1000 islands. You could meet up with Shane and I and show you around. Its a gerat place.

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: HOT BOAT ]
Old 01-15-2002, 04:27 PM
Registered

Lake George would be DEFINITELY more desireable than the finger lakes, with al due respect. The scenery on Lake George is second to none and the water quality CANNOT be beat. I woild be happy to be your personal tour guide and would be glad to set you up with places to stay and things to see and do. Please feel free to contact me anytime with any questions you may have.

Shane
Old 01-15-2002, 09:01 PM
KN
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Chris Hopcup:
<STRONG>Gig,
I do all of my boating on Lake winnipesaukee. It is very clean and great to boat on. The temp is also very nice in the summer. Highly recommended!</STRONG>
Hey Chris, how often are you up at the lake, we should hook up sometime. As for everyone else as summer gets closer we should plan a OSO get together, maybe late July so SeaDated can join us. What do you guys think.

Kirk
Old 01-15-2002, 09:16 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
KN sounds like a plan. Keep us posted. Lake Winni is definatly a great lake. Plenty of coves to go into and by July the water is warm. You can stay at the Nasswaa in and have a dock and easy walk to fun things in the area. Make sure you avoid Bike weekend. I can not remember when that is but not a great time if you have kids. The lake only has a few nasty spots so make sure you get a map and use it till you get a feel of the lake. Most of the stuff is clearly marked but you really do need a chart. If your boat is really loud they do have a DB restriction.
Old 01-15-2002, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Thumbs up

Hey man, you will love Winnipesaukeee, it`s very big and awesome scenery!.
I have spent hundreds of hours on that lake and if you don`t have a chart you WILL hit something! But the chart is extremely accurate.And just like Audiofn stated, if your boat is loud you WILL get stopped and fined,I did several times
And one more thing, and I hope I don`t discourage you, is there are a chitload of marine patrol cops that love to bust balls If you do make the trip to Winni, Sebago Lake in Maine is only 2 hrs. from there and I`ll show you over 50 miles of the finest,lake boating in the Northeast! (I live here)
I hope you make it, Kurt.

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: Biggus Dikkus ]
Old 01-15-2002, 09:42 PM
Registered

The marine patrol is much worse than the Coasties they seem to find reasons to bust balls. The lake is great lots of scenery and some really good restraunts. Boat ramps are difficult I have a 357 formula and could just barely get on my trailer at Shep Brown's. Bike week is around second week in June its a zoo!
Old 01-15-2002, 09:55 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Biggus does raise a good point. Just keep on driving up to Lake Sabego and hook up with us in Naples Maine. Call up Bay View Cabins tell them you will be there with a boat. They are the coolest people to rent from. Cabins are spotless and real reasonable. You can make as much noise as you want, both you and the boat, and no one bothers you. They are down partying with us every night!!!! Plus they let ya get away with anything but feeding the gease and putting bottles in the fire!!!
Old 01-15-2002, 11:01 PM
Luxy60

The lake is a totally different place during the week. Weekends are crazy but fun. The line of boats parading through Weirs channel is something to see. Lots of Cigarette TG's, Fountains, Formula's etc.. If you stay during the week the lake is much more quiet/ peaceful. The scenery is awesome and the small towns/ harbors like Wolfboro and Alton have public docks so you can tie up, have lunch and relax at some great resturants. You hardly ever see the Marine Patrol during the week. Sebago, as mentioned, is also a great lake. Not quite as busy as Winni and it also has great scenery and excellent fishing. You'll have a blast at either lake!

Old 01-15-2002, 11:07 PM
Registered

I was at Lake Winnipesaukee in the winter a couple of years ago. It reminded me of "Grumpy Old Men" There are all these little shacks all over the frozen lake with 4X4's parked next to them. And of course a screaming 100mph snowmobile. Looked like a cool place.
Old 01-15-2002, 11:10 PM
Registered

Audio nailed it !! Stay at the Naswa...great beach bar... , and close to other fun. But make sure once you dock it there and hit the beach bar...STAY THERE!! I've seen many a perf boat stopped by the marine patrol 'bear trap' that hangs out just around the corner from Channel Marine on the weekends... .

It's a great place !!!!

Quick Reply: Lake Winnipesawkee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.